What are his views?

What are Obama's views on illegal immagration?

JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Asked by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:51 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Create Secure Borders: Protect the integrity of our borders. Support additional personnel, infrastructure and technology on the border and at our ports of entry.

Improve Our Immigration System: Fix the dysfunctional immigration bureaucracy and increase the number of legal immigrants to keep families together and meet the demand for jobs that employers cannot fill.

Remove Incentives to Enter Illegally: Remove incentives to enter the country illegally by cracking down on employers who hire undocumented immigrants.

Bring People Out of the Shadows: Support a system that allows undocumented immigrants who are in good standing to pay a fine, learn English, and go to the back of the line for the opportunity to become citizens.

Work with Mexico: Promote economic development in Mexico to decrease illegal immigration.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 8:58 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• OOO, i want to know. I'm waiting for other replies. Lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I asked this as a serious question... I want to know...so ladies keep the caddy comments to yourself please
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:07 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Me too...especially since Prez Obama wants to create scores of new jobs..which I believe would many would be in the construction business (infrastructure). BUTTT! the only way illegals can get jobs, is because some company is hiring them. I believe that companies should be fined up the arse for hiring undocumented workers (no work visas, no ss#, etc.) I believe then is when you will see a difference in the migration of illegal workers coming to America, from ANY country. Companies would be too fearful of the loss of $$$$$ thru hefty fines to hire undocumented workers. Until companies are held accountable for their hiring practices, I doubt much will change.
    LilLizaJane

Answer by LilLizaJane at 1:08 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• which I believe would many would be in the construction business

Sorry, typo... should read..."which I believe many would be in the construction business"

Time for me to go to bed!
    LilLizaJane

Answer by LilLizaJane at 1:10 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• i have the same question also, i wonder what he is going to do.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 1:11 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• that is a really good idea LilLiza.... i am really concerned with illegal immagration and while some of these mommas don't see it as a problem or however they do... in my eyes it is a growing one, that i myself have seen thru experince and i want to know the presidents views on it.... i havent heard him talk about it. And i want to bring up the fact with his Aunt but i dont want to get off topic, i wanna see what he has said about ill. imm. first
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:11 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/immigration/
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 1:21 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I care more about H1B visas being granted to Indians and Chinese both being 3rd world countries (1 of which is communist) that have 1 billion people each and many are coming, I see the increase in my area big. They are taking good paying jobs of educated and/or intelligent Americans who deserve the opps. What the hell good is an American education if Microsoft continues to say we need H1B visas to fill jobs that no one here can fill. Soon we'll be overrun by Indians/Chinese. Indigenous neighbors are not my concern. Though I agree w/Border patrols for the sake of legality and drugs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:00 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Shouldn't you have, I dunno, RESEARCHED the answer to this question, say, before VOTING for him?!

20 million illegals will be given AMNESTY....THAT is Obama's view!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:00 AM on Jan. 23, 2009