Work outside of home mommies question-(daycare)

Do you prefer home daycare or a daycare center? Why?

I prefer a center because I feel that the environment is more structured. They're more apt to follow a schedule. Also, I feel that they are more in control of who is around the children. What are your thoughts?

a_and_j_momma

Asked by a_and_j_momma at 1:01 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• I agree. The center provided interaction with kids their own age (and others), more structure, and more strigent rules of who can be around your child. Also, if one teacher is sick, there is always a back up.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 9:14 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• My mother in law, LOL! I have been really lucky because our girls go to my mother in laws and we are lucky because granny takes no crap so the girls are not totally spoiled rotten.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:15 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• With my first one I had him in a daycare center for a while but they are very time rigid and offer no flexibility, when my second one was born I found a really great in home daycare, the kids were on a good schedule and she provided a lot of activities for them and it was more personalized so I felt my kids were better cared for.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:03 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I have family come to my home so I am very lucky. I would rather they be at home with someone I trust and sleep in there own beds etc. They are not exposed to every cold and flu coming down the pike and they are not hit or bitten by other kids. I send my 3 yr old to pre school two days a week for 2 and a half hours a day so he gets the interaction of kids his own age. This is just the choice that works best for me and my kids.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:59 AM on Jan. 23, 2009