Did you really have sex that young???

Elsewhere I saw people saying they had sex when they were as young as 12 and 13! What???????

At 12 and 13 I knew about sex and had absolutely NO interest. All I cared about was climbing trees and playing with my dollhouse. I didn't lose my virginity until I was 19 and engaged (lost it to the man I married and am still married to him too, for 11 years).

Wow. I really hope my daughter waits as I did. I'll lock her in her room if I have to. I just do not think children that young need to be engaging in sex. They are not mature enough to handle the repurcussions. 18 or older, do what you want, you're an adult (please use protection). But still under age 18, NOT a chance!

But were you really having sex that young? Would you want your daughter to? Want are you doing to prevent her from doing that if you don't want her to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• I am going to raise my daughter to respect herself. To care about her future. To care about the lives of the children she might have. To get an education and not worry about guys. I hope it makes an impression on her.

I was 17. I thought that we were in love. I realize now that I wasn't. My husband is actually my first and only love.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 4:12 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I totally agree with you!!!!!!!
    Momoftwo278

Answer by Momoftwo278 at 1:13 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• AGREE WITH YOU. I DONT KNOW I WAITED TILL I WAS 19!! lOL.. MY SO'S MOM HAD HIM WHEN SHE WAS 12. HE IS NOW 24 AND MY M-I-L IS 36
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 1:15 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I had no interest in sex that young. I was raped when I was 13, and it was the most terrifying experience of my life. I didnt willingly have sex until I was 16... which is still way to young IMO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I had sex at 16. I fell into that cliche category. I was madly 'in love' with this guy and thought if i had sex with him, he'd date me. WRONG! I just hope my girls will have a better head than i did about those things. All i can do is teach from experience and hope they take away the necessary knowledge.
    stampmama

Answer by stampmama at 1:17 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• im going to cut a deal with my daughter (if i ever have one), $100,000 is in it for her if she waits until she graduates college :]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:21 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I gotta say, I am with you OP! I could never imagine having sex that young. I was also 19 (barely). Even then it is not something I am proud of even though I married him the next year! I always wish we would have waited until our wedding night. I hope my daughter chooses to wait. I think the BEST thing we can do with our children (boys and girls) is to talk to them about sex and relationships and the benefits of waiting. I think if we are honest to our children and give them the knowledge that they can talk to use about anything, that when they are pressured, they can come to us for advice. That is what my mom did with me. That is what I am trying to do with my kids.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 1:23 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I better start saving now if I make that deal with my daughter aliciatron, and mine is only 2. LOL
    momof3inTN

• i did it at 15 and i totally wasnt ready, i waited till i was 17 to do it again. i heard about my brothers friends doin it at 11 and 12 its way too young something is wrong those kids need supervision
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 1:28 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I lost my virginity @ 14, what a mistake. We learn from our mistakes and try to teach our kids better. I am praying that my children wait until they are married.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Jan. 23, 2009