HELP!!!!! Air Plane Approved Car Seat!!!

I have a 5 point harness that is also a booster but on Delta it says no booster seats. will they still let me take it or do i need a differnet seat. if different seat any suggestions on an inexpensive one???

EJsHottMama

Asked by EJsHottMama at 1:31 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• they let me put mine in the over head but i couldnt put my son in it to fly.....

http://www.kidsflysafe.com/?gclid=CMLEst6JpJgCFQZinAod8XYNmw

http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/airplanetravel.aspx
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• If it has the harness, then it's not being USED as a booster.

There should be a tag on the side of the seat that says it's FAA approved. A "convertible" carseat isn't exactly a "booster"...just that it can become one.

Did you ask specifically about "convertible carseats" and make sure your seat is approved? (sticker or in the manual)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:35 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• They do make an aviation restraint that is not a seat, it is just straps that attach to the airplane seat. It is called C.A.R.E.S., I believe it's about $70. I have never used it and don't know alot about it but I know it exists and met aviation guidlines.....it's like the 5 point harness without the seat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• You dont even need a carseat to fly. I mean I know its nicer to have one, but in the end, its safer to be able to remove you baby from the plane as quickly as possible. You can hold any child under 2 in our lap or you can purchase any child there own seat and use the seat bealt on the plane. I just checked my carseat as luggage when I flew.
    Call Delta, they can answer any question, and when you call always get the name of the person you are speaking with and where they work.
    SamanthaSnyder

Answer by SamanthaSnyder at 9:43 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Sorry...If I have to secure my luggage, I will secure my kid! In an emergency, I'd rather not my child become a projectile.

Not to mention, the original post is in 3-4 year olds....not a 2 year old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jan. 23, 2009