Does anyone have a good TRUE (happened to you) ghost story?

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 1:57 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• when my nephew was almost 2( he's 9 1/2 now ) we were in the car and he very casuly said, "mommy theres 8 angels in here and one of that is aunt missee". who had passed away 4 years prior from a brain tumor.
    and usally if its a presence of a loved one its a spirit.
    ghost have a reason for still being here.
    mamaof2boys148

Answer by mamaof2boys148 at 11:33 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• well one time i was sleeping and the door was locked and i was facing the wall, and on the other side of the bed i felt it go down like someone was sitting on it and i heard crying. well i thought maybe it was my room mate Jenna but when i tried to turn around i was paralyzed. by the time i got to turning around there was no one there and the door was still locked. i told my SO (now my husband) and he said maybe it was his daughter who had passed on before that (bless her soul)
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:00 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• My hubby saw a ghost in a old house he lived in before we meet when he was about 12 i think... it happened a few weeks after his grandpa passed away.
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 2:02 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• My mom has told me of something sitting on her bed and she felt the mattress move down, that was back in 1946, she also heard crying! yikes!. My mom was orphaned at the age of 8 and while ghosts piss her off, I welcome the thought of my dad coming to say hi.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:07 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• wow gigi maybe it was the same ghost and not my husbands daughter at all! i will never know!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:17 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I ave heard several stories of someone sitting on the mattress. Maybe they just want to rest with us? lol
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:22 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• i told my husband daughters mother the story and she said maybe she felt Georgina (her daughter) was more comfortable with getting through to me since her father didnt know how to handle the situation (he was so upset he only visited her in the hospital once. she was born at 24 weeks). even though i never knew her i love her so much. i'll never know who sat on my bed but that is a good explanation as any!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:36 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I was in the home I grew up in and with my dad's girlfriend and her kids. The kids were sleeping thankfully. Anyway, she and I were sitting in the dining room and suddenly saw hundreds of lights outside the windows. It was as if hudreds of people were out side the house with lights flashing them around. Then it was suddenly gone as quick as it appeared. It gives me goosebumps telling this story and I don't really like to. I prefer to think of it as faeries. That is my story and I am sticking to it.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 3:31 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• And when I was a little girl, I remember playing with another girl who lived on the other side of the fence that ran along our property. From what I remember, she lived in the woods on the other side of the fence. We played often but neither of us ever crossed the fence. I asked my mom about the family who lived in the woods a few years ago. I wanted to know the girl's name because I couldn't remember it.

No one had ever lived there. It was all woods and no one lived in them.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 3:38 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• True story, I had a great-grandmother who was really into praying to Saints and chants and stuff. She really loved me and my brother and we were her favorites. Anyway, she died when I was about 17. A few years later I was in the shower crying my eyes out. Not just a few tears but complete sobbing. I dont even remember what I was crying about. Anyway, after a few minutes I felt like someone was holding me in the shower and I even smelled her. The steam was bringing up the smell of the grease or stuff she used to put in her hair. Then I just stopped crying. It was so strange. And believe me, I am not the type of person that believes in aliens or conspiracy theories, but from that moment on, I totally believe in guardian angels (or ghosts) that are watching over us.

xtina34

Answer by xtina34 at 5:08 AM on Jan. 23, 2009