What to bring to Easter dinner?

We have to drive about 2 hours away to my husbands family's for Easter. I asked them what to bring and they said just green olives. But I would like to contribute a little more than that! They are making ham and chicken, a cheesey potato dish, a vegetable, a cold salad, rolls and pie. Any ideas on what else I could bring? Thanks!

Lobelia

Asked by Lobelia at 1:04 PM on Mar. 28, 2012 in Holidays

• Deviled eggs, green beans in a crock pot, maybe a cake or something festive? Google "cake baked in egg shells." Especially if lots of young kids will be there, that kinda thing is always neat.
    xxbyamomentx

Answer by xxbyamomentx at 1:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2012

• Drinks you don't want to go that far with anything that needs to be refrigerated.
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 1:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2012

• Green bean casserole for starters. Or maybe Easter-themed cookies? Jello Cake (but get the cool whip at a store close to your destination, the place upon the cake right before serving).
    mom23musketeerz

Answer by mom23musketeerz at 1:22 PM on Mar. 28, 2012

• Something dessert-y? Usually hosts have the main dishes covered, and there are usually people who love to bring potato salads and other side dishes, so I love to bring the sweets, haha. I always bring bread pudding or apple crisp, but this year I want to bring chocolate meringue pie - it's actually a lot easier than I once thought!

I'm going to have to look up that cake in eggshell thing, though, sounds interesting! :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:24 PM on Mar. 28, 2012

• I'd bring some white wine or cookies. Nothing that would need refrigeration til you get there.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:44 PM on Mar. 28, 2012

• xxbyamomentx~ That is an awesome idea! Ive never heard of it before!!
    Lobelia

Comment by Lobelia (original poster) at 1:21 PM on Mar. 28, 2012

• Besides your appetite, a couple bottles of wine and maybe another dessert.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 2:38 PM on Mar. 28, 2012

• Fresh fruit. Cut it and slice it up once you are there.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:36 PM on Mar. 28, 2012

• deviled eggs, another pie or cake, extra eggs for the kids to hunt, wine for the grown ups, soda for the kids, or bottled water for the non drinkers.
    christi34

Answer by christi34 at 6:25 PM on Mar. 28, 2012