what can i take?

Im 37 weeks preg and i have a wisdom tooth coming in. It cant be pulled just yet until after i am not pregnant. anyway, im in HORRIBLE pain.... my whole mouth aches and i cant open my mouth it hurts to talk etc. its just the tooth cutting through right now.

anyway, i dont take medicine like tylenol or anything even if im not pregnant i still wont take it, ill just tough it out, but this is painful now lol

anyway, anyone know any natural or homeopathic meds i can take?? Thanks :)

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:01 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Im not sure what natural or homeopathic meds you can take and i kno w you said you dont take tylenol or anything but that is all i can think of. You can try googling natural or homeopathic meds safe during pregnancy.
    Also, you can put ice on it or orajel to numb it.
    stampmama

Answer by stampmama at 2:03 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• i just had to go through this last may..the pain was just as bad for a month after i got my teeth pulled..there is Nothing thats gonna help besides some Strong pain killers..and even then the pain killers might not help..nothing helped me.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:08 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• the dentist will tell you to do the ice thing, and when i did it, it made it worse..but its worth a try! just dont do heat packs(which at the moment will make it feel better) but it will make it worse after..why cant they do it while pregnant? i went under for mine..not sure if you can go under during pregnancy for that.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:09 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• they just said i had to wait until after.

this is how my other teeth were too just when they were cutting the gums. but after that it was fine.

im going to see if it goes away after it cuts the gums like it did the other ones.

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:12 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• why are u against tylenol?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• i just dont take medicine. id rather trust something natural than man made... ive taken tylenol in the past and other medicines and i got more sick then. When i stopped taking medicines, i rarely EVER get sick.

coincidence or not, i know i wasnt as healthy as i am now as i was then so ill stick to not taking anything.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:51 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• you forgot to add the part where besides you dont like taking tylenol, ITS SUCKS AND DOESNT WORK.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:55 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• LMAO
    YES! actually it never worked for me.. even extra strength didnt work.

i hated it. it was pointless! i was toughing out my pain i had anyway whether i took tylenol or not, so just stopped taking any meds all together because nothing did anything.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:59 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I know someone else mentioned not using heat packs but I have to disagree on that. I had a wisdom tooth coming in and also needed a root canal while pregnant with my son, I was only 22 weeks when the pain began. The ONLY thing that helped me was taking a very warm wash cloth and holding it tightly to the side of my face. I would sit like that for hours because it was the only way I could get any relief. The heat did not make it any worse in the long run, right after I had my son I had the root canal and had the wisdom tooth pulled.. no dry socket and no pain since. Hope this helps!
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 4:22 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• You can try Oragel. It works for babies when they teeth, and, honestly, that's basically whats happening when you get your wisdom teeth. I'm sorry this hurts so bad right now for you.

(But hey, once your little one is here and then starts teething and you're ready to pull your hair out because they're so fussy, remember this ;-) )

Something else that might help - take a regular teabag, soak it in cool water, then place the teabag on your tooth. I don't know what that's supposed to do, exactly, but when I was pg they had to pull a wisdom tooth - it was coming in sideways - and the Dentist told me to do this. I have to admit though, I didn't like having it in my mouth, so I didn't do it very much so I don't know how effective it was. I would stick to the Oragel.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:54 AM on Jan. 23, 2009