Curly hair??

My 3yr old daughter has very curly hair.Need advice on how to manage it without harsh chemicals.I just use mousse right now.I don't have curly hair and either does dad or my other girls!It's from my MIL and she doesn't do anything to her hair and it looks like crap!!So I can't ask her!

ArmyWife041408

Asked by ArmyWife041408 at 2:09 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• You might could buy an oil that smooths the hair and tames the curls. I have naturally curly hair and sometimes I use it especially if it's humid outside. My hair can get so out of control that I look like a wild cat on crack! LOL I always wanted thick, straight hair!

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 2:12 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Aww... I don't have the answer, but she is sooo cute! Funny how we always want what we don't have! I have straight hair and I feel like I'm always trying to curl it, and I always hear peeps with curly hair saying the same as southerncharms up there. ^^^
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 2:16 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I have think, wavy hair....but I straighten it.It's just so weird cuz her older sister has my hair and her younger sister has straight as a pin hair(I even tried to put curl in it and nothing).My hair frizzes and so does hair....but it's frizzy curly!At times she looks like Bozo the clown(my blonde)!!LOL
    ArmyWife041408

Answer by ArmyWife041408 at 2:18 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Already told the hubby that I'll spend alot of money on that girl when she gets older, if it ends up looking like my MIL's hair!!LOL
    ArmyWife041408

Answer by ArmyWife041408 at 2:20 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Don't over-shampoo...only a couple times a week at most. Condition more often....on days you shampoo, and in between days. That will help refresh the curl and not strip out too many oils that help tame the curls. Don't blow-dry, don't fuss too much with it, as that will cause frizz and flatten the curls. Use a wide-tooth comb instead of a brush. Then, a little mousse and scrunching will be all you need.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:36 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• i have crazy curly hair. i used to use no more tangles from j&j to be able to comb it, then a tiny bot of hair wax to keep the curls from getting out of control. now its just short and that works too
    kelinnh

Answer by kelinnh at 8:44 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Our son had curls (he wanted them gone) and I used to put Aussie conditioner in his hair and then let it soak in while he finished his bath. If it was worse on a particular day then I would use a spray in conditioner as well.
    I have wavy, frizzy hair and my favorite product at the moment is by Marc Anthony and it is a curl lotion. It's in yellow tube. It cost about $6 at the drug store and you put it on very damp hair to get the best results. No frizz and my curls look great the first day. I have fine hair so on the second day it is OK but my curl starts to drop.
    I have tried frizz eaze and it was sticky.....didn't like it.
    For the price it might be worth taking a look at Marc Anthony's products. He has a shampoo and conditioner for curly hair as well but they were too heavy for me.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 7:16 PM on Jan. 25, 2009

• Don't use mousse. Mousse just makes the hair fullier looking. What is best is a gel and not a whole lot of it. The shampo and conditionar that I use is Satinique. A brand that I purchace form myself. Any way another good product is before you put heat to the hair is put on a heat protector, so that when you put heat to hair the product will burn and not the hair. My hair is also curly and frizzy. This is what I use on my 3 year old. All of the products that I use I use on my children. Even the shampo and conditionar. The one product that I find to be great is something called a smoothing cream, what it does it that helps each stran of hair to smoothe out the frizzy ness. I also straiten my hair and I found that these products work rather well for what kind of hair i want.
    BARBMASTEL1

Answer by BARBMASTEL1 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 27, 2009