I want to get my husband back for making fun of me lol...

DH is always giving me a hard time about me being a red head (just playing of course) and i keep telling him one day im gonna dye my hair and he keeps saying that i wont. So i was wondering if anyone knows of a very temporary hair dye i could use. I don't want to permantly dye my hair, i just want him to see that i was serious lol. Thanks in advance

cmjt

Asked by cmjt at 2:11 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Be very cautious with red hair and dying of any kind. I have found out that red hair will "hang onto" dyes whether they are temp or for long term color. Red hair seems to turn orange no matter what color you try and dye it. :-)

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 2:13 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• why not just buy a wig?
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 2:21 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• They have foam stuff at Wal-Mart in these shiney orange packs...I tried it and it did fade. Go for dark brown! It covers red the best.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Freak him out with a wig! (a decent one, not a halloween one lol)
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:24 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I think the wig idea would be awesome.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:02 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Go to a beauty supply store and ask for a brand of Clairol temporary hair dye. I think it is called the Beautiful collection. I have dark auburn hair and the darker dyes showed up in my hair and washed out within a month. It has no amonia and no peroxide. Completely washout and no damage to the hair. Just pick a shade you think you will like and can live with for a month, or maybe two. I wish it would last that long in my hair. I really like the amethyst color. In the sun, my hair looked like a subtle shade of violet. Because it is a temporary color, it isn't very strong on darker hair, but with red hair, it should color pretty good. You should check on what base color would work best for a red-head, either blue or red I think.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 3:27 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• You could put red kool aide in the shower head and when he takes a shower he will know what it is like to be a red head! LOL, I know it is a bit extreme! Just thought I would spice up the answers a bit!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on Jan. 23, 2009