is it just basic thing to happen right now??

im 37 weeks and i can tell that the baby has dropped down a little bit. i can feel her moving below where my pubic hair would be, and i have mad pressure down there.. ( i know that normal ) but i keep getting these pains in that lower area and vagina. since yesterday. its sharp and "all of a sudden" where i would like :jump && make that UMPH! sound from the sudden pain. m stomach has been hard the past 2 days also.

as of monday i was not dilated or thinned out.

ideas?
ps i have an appt on monday

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:16 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My boy always punched me on the wrong side of the cervix! If that makes any sense!! They just move all crazy and at this point they are getting really big so you should expect discomfort.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 2:26 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• i know about the moving and stuff, but the pains im getting through out my lower stomach and back, should i be majorly concerned or no?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:28 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I say no...only because that stuff hurt a lot, I'd stop dead in my tracks walking at work. You said your 37 weeks, you could be laboring, but I'd still hold out unless you're not telling us something and you're worried. Seriously. This stage of pregnancy hurts, I mean when the baby turns their head on your crotch it hurts! They are big!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 2:34 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Sounds like your pelvic bone might be getting bumped, my son did that and OMG i would jump and scream it was a sharp pain i was sure his head was going to look funny lol. the best way to relieve the pressure is take a pillow and lie it down you can do this on the bed floor couch whatever is comfy for you and lie on it so your rear is higher than your chest, my doctor had me do this and wow it was so nice to have the pressure off, baby will still bump you once you get back up but it does help for a while to give you some relief.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:36 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I mean we all hurt at this stage, if you are really concerned please call your doctor or go to the er...if you are feeling ok then the best I can say is you'd prefer to be home than stuck in the er unnecessarily.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 2:37 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I actually had bad sciatia with my son, and he ended up being huge, over 8 lbs...aww I can't wait to see when you're baby is born! I'm guessing she's going to be a big girl!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• actually i think shes going to be small.. well not SMALL but not big...

my belly isnt that large im measuring a little bit lower than the "average" i should be measuring 37 cm and im at 32?? I THINK??
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:49 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Well, I thought my son was going to be small like my daughter and he was freakin huge!!!!!!!!!! Over 8lbs and I'm tiny I know u don't know me in real life but if u saw me you would never think I birthed an 8 lb baby! My girl never gave me much pain and she was only 6 lb 11 oz.

You said your belly is small, did they measure your water? What has your doctor said lately?
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 2:53 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• You will be over due.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• how do you know ill be over due? i hate when people say that. they dont know.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:57 AM on Jan. 23, 2009