OK.. I think I want to cut my hair but I'm not sure? If I get it cut I want to donate 10 inches to Lock for Love but I'm a curvy girl and I'm afraid that short hair will make my face look fuller. What do you all think?

To cut or not to cut

summerbudbud

Asked by summerbudbud at 9:12 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• i think that you have a really big heart to want to help another in need by donating your hair- your heart is beautiful and your new haircut will be as well. I f you don't like it- grow your hair back knowing that you helped to make a very sick child feel beautiful again as well...good luck to you!
    jenbf12

Answer by jenbf12 at 10:21 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I say don't just cuz I love long hair & think it's more youthful...
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:20 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Ok, I saw a pic of you on your profile and you have a beautiful shaped face and I think shor hair would look great. I just think that with short hair you have to make sure your make-up is right. Let me know what you do! There is a website that you can choose haircuts and certain face shapes and it will give you an idea of what a haircut may look like. I think it would look great.
    Cathrin

Answer by Cathrin at 11:58 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Don't do it. I cut mine off two years ago, it made me FEEL older and heavier.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:58 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• go to one of those virtual hair sites and upload your pic and try different hairstyles. They give you a pretty good idea of what it will look like. I have a very round face but I have found if I have at least longer bangs my face doesn't look quite as fat
    pbjmoore

Answer by pbjmoore at 1:17 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I say do it! I know bobs are kinda back in style now but if you're worried about looking heavier, you can have it longer and angeled in the front and stacked up in the back...... I love short hair!
    mommawhite08

Answer by mommawhite08 at 2:28 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I think it is a fabulous idea. Hair grows back, and you can give to someone who really needs it. I am a curvy girl myself, and I cut a lot of my hair off this summer, just cause it was so hot outside, and I have gotten a lot of compliments on it. Plus hair grows back....
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 4:37 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I LOVE THE IDEA!! ESPECIALLY BCUZ YOU'LL BE HELPING SOMEONE ALONG THE WAY!!...However if you have a wide face mostlikely you'll look heavier! ...if u dont mind then go for it!! Your hair will grow back anyway!! GOOD LUCK!!
    JulieFrancesca

Answer by JulieFrancesca at 4:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I think it is a wonderful thing to cut and donate your hair. I have done it a couple times. The last time I did it I was scared because my hair was going to be up past my bra strap...hadn't been that short in nearly 20 years. But I loved loved loved it.
    Be bold and daring. I not only had it cut but she did some long layers, and highlights. I really DID love it....well still do. I have kept it this way.

The best part about it (besides helping someone out that needs some hair) is that it WILL grow back!!!
    TheresaAvon

Answer by TheresaAvon at 7:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• yeah i got my hair this past oct. and cut it again in nov. it was maybe three inches in the top and none in the bottom. but now my hair is growing back its about at the bottom of my cheek on top and the bottom of my neck on the bottom
    sweetandpetite1

Answer by sweetandpetite1 at 8:58 PM on Jul. 20, 2008