Would you consider polygamy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Umm lets see. I have friends who are polygamists and many biblical figures were polygamists but as for me and my family, it would never work. I think that it really depends on you and your family. Something like that is a very personal choice and not everyone could deal with it.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 3:52 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• thats when you are married to more than one person? or is that when you have one relationship and have other intertwine with the main one?

either way no.
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 3:36 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Well, there may be more than one definition. But I meant 1 husband and 2 or more wives...? Or in some parts of the world, 1 wife and many husbands.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• umm.. i would never consider it.
    i didnt know that in some parts of the world women could have many husbands!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 3:43 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I have to agree with Night Owl Mama, while I don't think itwould work for my family, I see nothing wrong with those that choose that path.
    As long as the family is able to provide fully for itself without having to rely on government assistance. And as long as the children are happy, loved, and fed, that is a very personal choice, and it is the right of informed adults to make that choice.
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 4:46 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I'm an only child. I never learned to share.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:26 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• No.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:46 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• It's not for me but to each his own.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:38 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I could consider it. I don't think it would harm a relationship. But then I believe in reincarnation and the fact that we've probably had hundreds of husbands over the centuries. I've also had a dream in which I was part of a harem so wouldn't bother me in the slightest.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 8:00 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I, personally, couldn't do it. I want my husband all to me. But I don't care what other families do. If it works for them then great as long as they are supporting themselves.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:12 AM on Jan. 23, 2009