my 18 month has an obsession with sticking soft fuzzy things, nothing else, up her nose and in her ears. cotton balls are her fav! ( doesn't help that her gomomma lets her play with it) I wont even know when its her nose sometimes cuz shell leave it up there all day, so i am constantlty telling her let me see your noseand taking fuzz away from her. How can i get her to stop sticking fuzz up her nose when it seems to be comfort thing to her. I mean cant it rot up in there?

duhjenn420

Asked by duhjenn420 at 3:31 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• wow i thought my daughter was the only who did that but she stuck flowers, corn, food, grass. Everyday that i would pick her up from daycare i would make her blow her nose in tissue and there would be so much stuff up her nose. I would just tell her no and that it was nasty and i didnt really know what else to do she eventually stoped.
    lorenzosgurl

Answer by lorenzosgurl at 3:36 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• omg my 5 year old nephew still hasnt out grown it hes been to the hospital 3 times now to get his nose cleaned he almost needed surgery
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:42 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• thats scary! but what if you take them to get there nose fixed like michael jackson so they'll be screwed and nothing will fit in there anymore!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:27 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• hhahahaha did you see that episode of House? There was a big brother who took his little brother in to the Dr two times. The first time, he had a fire truck up his nose. The second time, he had a police car up his nose. House finally figured out he was sending up the police car and fire truck to rescue the cat he had shoved up there lol

sorry. Anyways. The best answer I can give you is to explain to DD that it could hurt her. And don't let her play with the things she sticks up there! I know that's a hard one, cause mine finds things that I had no clue where she found them. Speak with the Godmother and explain your position--DD cannot play with cotton balls because she is sticking them up her nose, and you don't want an ER visit. The best method here would be prevention.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 6:58 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Answered at 6:58 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 by: epoh
    hhahahaha did you see that episode of House? There was a big brother who took his little brother in to the Dr two times. The first time, he had a fire truck up his nose. The second time, he had a police car up his nose. House finally figured out he was sending up the police car and fire truck to rescue the cat he had shoved up there lol

I SO SAW THAT EPISODE!! I LOVE HOUSE!

Have you tried asking her why she does it?
    MeNMy2Kids

Answer by MeNMy2Kids at 9:00 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Don't let her play with cotton balls anymore.
    Anonymous