WHAT IF A WHITE PERSON DOES NOT AGREE W/ THE PREZ?

DO YOU THINK ANY WHITE PERSON THAT DISAGREES W/ OBAMA'S POLICIES ARE POSITIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED RACIST? I JUST HEARD A DISCUSSION @ WORK THAT LEADS ME TO BELIEVE IT. NOT TRYING TO START ANYTHING JUST TAKING A POLL.

mrssullivan

Asked by mrssullivan at 4:14 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am sure that there will be a lot of speculations over that. Just like, many people think that most black people voted for Obama because he is black. And sure, some may have only for that fact. SOME, just like some white people will only disagree with Obama because he is black. I just think it is funny that with all this talk about how anti-racists this county is, race still seems to be a huge thing when people are blaming others. There will be plenty of "You voted for him because he is black" and "You don't agree with him because he is black." Some people are silly really. So yes, to your question. Because there are plenty of people, black, white, brown...that are very ignorant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:43 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Only among close minded individuals. It's actually rather patriotic to respectfully disagree with the government. For heaven's sake, our country was founded on disagreeing with the goverment which then led to rebelling against the British. : )
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:22 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Not all white people that disagree with Obama are racist. Are there some, sure.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 4:24 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• No certainly not all. It's a shame some people think if you didn't vote for Obama or criticize him, then you must be a racist.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:29 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• no. i don't believe disagreements have anything to do w/ race, however people will use that to their advantage.
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 5:06 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Not every African American voted for him, so if he/she disagrees, what does that mean?
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:17 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• No, not unless they use racial slurs when talking about him.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 6:05 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• BTW, not all of us who voted for the president think that those whod didn't are racist. We do understand that not everyone is going to agree with his policies. After all, we didn't vote for him because he is black, we voted for him becase we agree with what he stands for. But, most people label us and say we voted for him because he's a black man. That's not true.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 6:07 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• OP HERE. FOR THE RECORD I VOTED FOR HIM, {AND LIVE IN THE SOUTH (NOT THAT ALL SOUTHERNERS ARE RACISTS)}. I UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE SOME AFRICAN AMERICANS VOTED FOR HIM FOR HIS STAND ON THE ISSUES, BUT THERE ARE OTHERS THAT MAY HAVE VOTED FOR HIM BECAUSE HE IS BLACK, JUST AS THERE ARE WHITE PEOPLE, I KNOW A FEW, THAT VOTED AGAINST HIM BECAUSE HE IS. THERE WAS A SITUATION AT WORK, SOMEONE WAS CRITISIZING THE AMOUNT OF MONEY SPENT ON THE INAUGURATION (SP?) AND A BLACK CUSTOMER MUTTERED THAT THE PERSON MAKING THE COMMENT WAS A F*** RACIST. I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT THE MAJORITY OF AMERICANS THOUGHT. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR ANSWERS. PLEASE CONTINUE.
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 6:55 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Not everyone who will disagree with him is racest. I'm military and so is my husbend, and obama is doing something that will piss just about every military person will HATE, and that is he's taking away our bonuses. But I voted for him. I think he'll do great if people QUIT HATING THE MAN FOR NO THING!!!
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 7:33 AM on Jan. 23, 2009