How do i get my toddler to sleep?

My daughter is 2 1/2....she will not sleep at night for the last 2 months...she actually goes to bed at 11:00pm because of my work schedule, but she wakes back up at 1:30 am and will not go back to sleep until 6-7am in the morning...i feel like i am loosing my mind. She is literally up as if it is day time. I don't know what to do, but i am sooooooooo sleepy I dont know how much more I can take. I am a single mommy and my daughter has me drinking 2 redbulls just to start work everymorning...can someone please give advice to get her to go to bed and stay sleep....thank you so much.!

numilleniumom

Asked by numilleniumom at 4:42 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is she sleeping all day? If she's not sleeping at night, and sleeping all day, then you need to work on reversing it. Ask her babysitter/day care to only let her take 2-3 hours of naps during the day. Is she staying awake all the way until 11 when you come get her? This could be why too--she's overtired, and amped up because of it (second wind). Make sure that whoever is watching her puts her down between 7 and 9. She will have to be woken up to be taken home, but hopefully she would fall back asleep in the car and then you could just transfer her to her crib. Good luck mama--I can't imagine how rough that must be!
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 7:10 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Thats a hard one.... try giving her warm milk and laying with her and see if she falls asleep that way, and i would talk to her doc cause there might be a reason why she isnt sleeping that well.... also i know its a bad habbit but let her watch tv or a movie and see if she falls asleep, and or let her lay in ur bed with u watching tv while you get some rest and then if she needs u, u r right there but u can get some well needed sleep
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:56 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I'm sure it going to be difficult but you should set a routine for her like give her a bath every night when you get home so she know ok after the bath that means it bedtime and it should help her relax or also put on a vido for her as she lays in the bed she will eventually fall asleep. Sorry it does get easier. Your a strong momma!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:59 AM on Jan. 23, 2009