Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how should i tell my x..child suport question..

ok me and x get along and i know his money is tight as with most of us. but.. my dh has my dd age 11 on his insurence and 3 years ago my x said he wanted to five me xtra money a week because dd was coverd by my dh. so far nothing. well we just found out insurence is going up 30 to 35% 275.00 comes out of dhs check for insurence. so how do i tell x heres the deal i need the xtra money. my x only pays 50.00 a week ( not court orderd ) i want to raise it to like 65-70 a week. not to mention school lunch is up in price. any ideas?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (10)
  • well if he is smart he will go for it cuz he'd be paying a hell of alot more through domestics and if he gets ignorant with you i would tell him well would you rather me take you to court so you can pay three or four hundred a month?

    Answer by jodi205 at 8:29 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

  • The way I handle child supp and relationships with my ex is simple. We have an agreement that everything related to child supp is handled by child supp enforcement. He pays what the state guidelines say and thats that. I would go to child supp and open a case if you havent already and ask them to handle this. Most of the time they add a clause that says 50% of medical is paid by each. That means it would be added onto his child supp every month and garnished and sent to you. You can tell your ex to prevent hard feelings its just better to go this route and he wont be screwed since hes paying what any other man out there is.

    Answer by gemgem at 8:36 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

  • i just dont want to fight about it but i have been very good the past 6 years he would pay c/s everyother week so i would get 100 and he would come to get dd and give me 60 saying i had to buy tires.. fine. and he would come the nest week give me the 50 pluse what he owes me. then he moved to florida ( that was fun ) and the 3 months he was gone i only got 100.00 in 3 months. then he came back. so i have been nice more then nice. and i know i could get more if i filed for c/s i know what he makes. and hes married and she works ( she has 3 kids )

    Answer by tabbys4 at 8:39 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

  • Right so just file. I went through the same thing and yeah there were about 2 or 3 months of why did you do that. But then he saw how much easier it was and how there were so many less arguments. Child supp handled everything. I couldnt ask for more money, he didnt have to send it, if it was late it wasnt his fault, etc etc. It makes life SO MUCH EASIER.

    Answer by gemgem at 8:42 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

  • I would be honest with him and tell him you need more money, if he refuses you can always take him to court.

    Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:43 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

  • I would just file for support, it will be easier.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

  • well hes coming by tonight to get our dd and want to sit him down and tell him the deal its not that i want to make him broke but over 200 is gonna be taken out of dhs check that we need dh also pays c/s for 2 kids and we have bills and rent so his xtra money will help out. but im gonna have to say to him road 1 easy road 2 courts way. and it might be more then 75. a week.

    Answer by tabbys4 at 8:52 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

  • When it comes to your kids it should always be handled through the courts. Remember a verbal agreement is only as good as the paper its written on

    Answer by LyricsTime at 9:38 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

  • you need to go to court and have them set up a fair amount. $50 is pretty low.

    Answer by halfpint6niner at 9:56 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

  • Take him to court and have the Judge rule on it. Good Luck!

    Answer by Melanie_Ann at 10:20 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.