other then tylenol, what can help my 5 month old's fever and get her to sleep we have been up all night

mconatser

Asked by mconatser at 8:41 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• motrin
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 8:43 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Here is a dosing chart by weight rather than age.
    http://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/T088900.asp#T088901
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:46 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• i'm sorry you've been up all night, i know what that's like. have you tried a lukewarm bath to help relax her? maybe a cool washcloth on her forehead? are you able to just hold and rock her? maybe even a cool teething ring? try to keep the stimulation to a minimum, and maybe just play some calming music? maybe a baby massage would help her to relax? hope you find your answer. take care
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 8:47 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Do you know why she has a fever? Teething or sick? When my daughter had a fever at that age. I would rub her down with a cool cloth to bring down the temp.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 8:49 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• motion is NOT recommended for children under 6 months and should really not be used for the first year. if you want to use it, i'd check with your doc. keep offering her fluids. if she's breastfed, offer it more. if you use formula, i think (not sure) you may be able to give a little water. but keep her hydrated.
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 8:51 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• oh please, my pedia has told me to give my dd motrin since the day she was born. Try that, a nice warm bath and a cool rag on her face. Good luck!
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 8:57 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Put her in a Moby Wrap or sling (get one if you don't have one-they are a Godsend!) and dance with her in there or sit on an exercise ball and bounce with her in there. she will fall asleep in no time!
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 9:42 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• My dr. said to alternate with tylenol and then motrin
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Call your doctor. He'll give you the best advice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Jan. 23, 2009