can you really take a hpt 4 days before your missed period?

Yes you can!!In some cases. I just got my bfp this morning. I thought I would share because I asked this already and everyone on here said no, that I had to wait untill I was late a week. Baby dust to everyone.

motherwanting6

Asked by motherwanting6 at 8:51 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• hey, according to my doctors, I tested positive 4 days after conception lol. Congrats!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 8:53 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I also tested positive 4 days before my expected AF start. That BFP is now a 10 mo old little man. Congrats to you!!
    Fourbymom

Answer by Fourbymom at 8:58 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I tested 4 days before and got a negative...but I also tested 3days before, 2 days before, and one day before, still negative...i tested everyday for a week after and still got BFN, so i gave up, waited two days and jsut took an extra test that was layin around and BFP, so it was about 10 days after AF was expected. I guess it jsut depends on if your one of the people that has enough HCG in their body to show up! Good luck!
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 9:41 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I took the first response 2 dayas before Af was due and it turned up positive right away.
    scmomma85

Answer by scmomma85 at 10:26 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Yea who said no???? I've read that you can take an HPT the day OF the missed period. The cheapies aren't as sensitive as the expensive ones, so maybe for the cheapie tests you'd need to wait longer. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! I'm waiting to see if I get it on the 31st. We really tracked and tried this month, so I hope I can announce something soon too !!! Thanks for the baby dust mama!!!!
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 11:36 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• congrats but is varies for each women, cheapies or name brand they all work the same way....for some it just don't show up right away, i was 2 weeks no AF and tested negative, a week later it was positive.... have a safe health pregnancy!
    i_am_tish

Answer by i_am_tish at 12:25 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• The cheaper ones just don't work the same b/c they need higher traces of hcg. You'd need to wait longer to get an accurate response or you could end up with a false negative. That's the only difference.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 4:17 PM on Jan. 23, 2009