Do you sometimes think that were not cut out to be a mommy?

I always wanted to be a mommy and now i have a 3 year old daughter and i wonder if it is truly what I always wanted. I stay at home with her and my hubby travels alot and there are days where I feel like I just want my old life back! Where I can do what I want when I want. Please don't get me wrong, I love my daughter more than anything but I get so frustrated and impatient some days and it is driving me crazy! I go to the gym and my hubby does help me alot when he is home so it isn't that I need a break! Anybody else ever feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• I am glad I am not the only one! I question my decision to be a parent a lot. My dd is still young so I am hoping that part of it is due to the difficulties that come with the first year. I always thought I was going to have multiple children too, but now know that she will be a only child. I am just taking it one day at a time and hope that my feelings change.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I have never felt that way but Im sure its normal for some people. I always wanted to be a mom, from the time I was lets say 5 LOL. I knew I would grow up, have babies, stay home and that was what i wanted for my life. I had my first at 18 and never had any issues with adjustment. I loved it. Now my dd is 19 and has a son and sometimes she does have issues with staying home like you. I just think everyone is different. I was never a huge partier. I went to school, did cheerleading, hung out with friends and just always knew what I was going to do. I guess its like someone k nowing theyd be a dr. I knew Id be a mom LOL.

Answer by gemgem at 8:58 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• everyone gets overwhelmed and frustrated sometimes its normal would i change anything no i wouldnt love all my kids more than anything
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:58 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I have hard days too. I don't see my hubby much because he goes to school or clinic daily and then studys all night and weekends. I sometimes wished i wasn't a sahm because i don't feel like it's what i want to do but then i think about leaving my child with somebody else and i couldn't do it. I love being a mom and love staying home, don't get me wrong. There are definately hard days. Those are usually the days my daughter cries all day because her teeth hurt but doesn't want medicine or orajel or she won't go down for a nap no matter what i do and i've fought her to the point i'm exhausted. I honestly wouldn't want to be away from her though. The good out weighs the bad.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 9:00 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• i felt that way before i love my daughter but at one point i did wish i had my old life back but i pretty sure lots of people feel that way
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 9:03 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• It is really hard when you have a husband that travels a lot. My husband is on frequent deployments, and it makes me feel like a single mom. It gets really frustrating, but as you learn how to adjust it will get easier. (not that I know right now, but I have been told) but supposedly as they get older and more self sufficient it gets so much easier!! Hang in there!!

CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 9:04 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I don't. I don't know what I'd do if I weren't a mom. I really feel like it's what I was meant to be. Rarely, I wish I had more me time but when I do get it, I just miss my kids and want to come home.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:48 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I have the occassional day when i feel like its too much, but in general, no. I don't know you, so i don't feel like i can tell you if you are just having a hard time and wishing for it to be easier or if you really just don't want to be a mom anymore. I know of a couple of moms who had a baby (one wanted to be a mom and the other "wasn't sure" but did it for hubby) and now they love thier kids but really just don't want the mommy responsibility. I can't judge anyone for those feelings. Just because you're a woman doesn't mean you are meant for motherhood. I think that IF these feelings are real (maybe talk to a professional about it) then I applaud you for doing the right thing and considering an alternative for the baby rather than letting your doubts about being a mom turn you into a bad one.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 2:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I never wanted to be a mom. I found out I was pregnant at 14 (damn bc pills didn't work), but I wouldn't change a thing. I did have some regrets (no childhood) sometimes but I don't anymore. I just strive to give my kids what I didn't have.
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 3:17 AM on Jan. 24, 2009