SCARS!!!

I have a c-section scar about 5 months old, and its still raised and very pink. Should it have faded? What can I use to help it go away? Im fair skinned so it shows. Not that I flaunt, but it bothers me. Im currently using ScarZone. Is that good, or can you suggest something else?

briyeti

Asked by briyeti at 9:33 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I have a c-section scar and it took a good long while to fade and not be so raised. Be patient it will fade with time. There is a Bio-oil advertised when Oprah is on and it looks inexpensive, maybe give that a try. Also I have started using Strivectin but it is over a $100 but is working slowly. My scar doesn't bother me too much and the main thing is that when I wear a bikini it is hidden.
    Rebecca02

Answer by Rebecca02 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• You can massage the scar on a daily basis to help break up the keloid tissue of the scar and minimize the scar itself.  Rub it hard severa times a day with moisturizer.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:15 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Arbonne has an amazing Rejuvenating cream that is great for scarring and stretch marks!!! You can also use it in conjunction with our skin conditioning oil. These products are great and if you are not fully satisfied than you can return them within 45 days!!
    mythreegirls126

Answer by mythreegirls126 at 11:50 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I have heard vitamin E oil is very good on scars. As time passes, it will get lighter and lighter in color, and not so pink and raised. This is voice of experience, I had a sugery on my neck and my scar was very noticable for the first year or two afterward. Now when I look in the mirror, It is fading more and more each day.
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 4:19 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Scar Zone is great. My daughter had a HUGE scar on her fore head and it took it completely away. Use it twice a day, it might take alittle bit of time but I promise it will work.
    K.K.707

Answer by K.K.707 at 10:00 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I had a c-section almost nine years ago and it looks fine. I continued to use "A Mother's Best Friend" cream that I used the entire time being pregnant. It is truly wonderful, I didn't get any stretch marks and it helped big time with my c-section scar!
    Trinda43

Answer by Trinda43 at 12:02 AM on Jul. 21, 2008

• I had terrible purple stretch marks after my 2 kids and the thing that worked best for me was beauticontrols microderm abrasion for the body I was so amazed by it that i joined the company www.beautipage.com/kendrapieper
    call me for 50% off and money back guarantee.
    spadiva25

Answer by spadiva25 at 11:43 AM on Jul. 21, 2008