enough love?

I am due to have my second child soon, I don't think I could ever love somebody as much as I love my son now.... is it a normal feeling? did anybody else go through this? I am ashamed!! I don't know if I can love this baby as much as I love my 1st baby....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• I am pregnant with number 5 and I love them all equally. You will see that it is not hard at all. You have enough love inside you for all your children. Good luck.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:18 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I have two kids and love them both equally. I have one boy and one girl and it's easy. As they both have different personalities you'll find you love them both unconditionally and equally.
    MrsTGray

Answer by MrsTGray at 9:27 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Love is not a matter of division...it is a matter of multiplication. I have 5 and love the crap out of each and every one of them....what you are feeling is totally normal and will end the minute the cord is cut I promise.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:53 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• The minute you see your new baby your heart will open and there will be plenty of love to go around.......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• The capacity to love is not finite, but infinite; the more we love, the more we are able to love, so don't worry, you will love your little-one-to-be just as much as you love your son now.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:34 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I think that's a question we all have but trust me when you hold that baby in your arms your heart just gets bigger with love.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:37 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• i see this ?? al the time! i feel the same, i love my son so much, i def. love him more deeply than anyone including my parents, dh, myself, anyone, he is a virgo just like me, we are so similar, i just fear that i wont have the same bond .... i am due in april 09 so i guess i will see....
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:37 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I've known a few people who feel this way. I don't think it's unnatural, but trust me... out of the people I know who were afraid they couldn't love their second child, absolutely NONE of them would say they didn't love them just as much as their first.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 1:49 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• i had the exact same worries when i was preggo w my 2nd..how am i gonna love this baby just as much? am i gonna love one more than the other? how am i gonna split my time between the two?? we just do it!! we always have enough love in our hearts for All our children! i love my girls equally and learn how to take care of them equally. dont worry, as soon as your baby is born, that feeling will be gone
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Don't be ashamed! Its normal! I was an only child and so i didn't know how mom's could love both (and i saw a lot of favoritism with my extended family that had more than 1 kid) I kept thinking "what if i don't love the new one as much" and i even thought "what if i love the NEW one more?" BUT....its amazing!!! The love grows, I swear! Here is the best way i can describe it...

I love them EQUALLY but i love them DIFFERENTLY.

Does that make sense? There are things i appriciate about each of thier personalities but i could never choose between them. And there WILL be days when you tend to favor one or the other (because one will be so good and the other will be such a pain!) but when it comes down too it, they are still loved equally.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 2:38 PM on Jan. 23, 2009