How often do you just feel like something bad is going to happen?

I have realized that myself and my entire family have it pretty easy - no one really gets sick, no one's life is ever put at risk... and we just go through life.

A couple weeks ago, my uncle and two cousins were in a pretty bar head-on collision - they were hurt (especially my uncle) and sadly the other driver did not make it. My family was in a bigger truck and the man who hit them was in a small car.

A few days ago, another uncle hit ice and rolled his car a couple of times. He was lucky and was only hurt as well.

Last night I dreamt that someone died (I don't recall who, or even if it was a real person or just someone I made up) and I was freaking out.

I don't often get a bad feeling about anything, and I've never really been... "in tune" with what's coming... so I'm starting to worry a lot.

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 10:05 AM on Mar. 29, 2012 in Just for Fun

• I used to have bad dreams a lot, and they were usually related to things I was already worrying about consciously. I didn't normally have bad things happen after bad dreams, but I tend to be a worrier and everything gets to me.
    xxbyamomentx

Answer by xxbyamomentx at 11:30 AM on Mar. 29, 2012

• I've been right twice and both times something bad happened to a loved one. The night before my mom had her stroke, I had a dream I could not go to six flags because ,y friend's dad died. I felt like something bad was going to happen. The day before Thanksgiving 2010 my sister sent my sister and I emails apologizing for the way she had been over the years and she just needed to make things right with us and my father. We thought she was going to kill herself and I was sick with worry. The next day my dad was killed in a car accident. I'm not religious but something more powerful than I was sending a warning that we needed to come together quickly because something was going to happen.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:32 AM on Mar. 29, 2012

• Not a dream but I was crazy stressed and worried about something unknown when my daughter then 6 went with her dad to his parent's for Easter. I could not sleep that night. The next day I was literally pacing back and forth. At 4pm that day I got a call that my daughter was in the emergency room as she had been very badly injured when a slab of marble broke and went through her face. We had a plastic surgeon and now at age 15 no scar dispite 37 stiches! I have never prayed so hard. In terms of dreams I have kept a dream journal of dreams that seemed significant and right about now I would say I am about 80% except for the one where I won the lottery. My mother also had the gift of foresight through dreams.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:50 AM on Mar. 29, 2012

• Not that often but I do have an uneasy feeling sometimes and the nervous feeling
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 11:49 AM on Mar. 29, 2012

• I should have added: "How often are you right?"
    AdensMama0308

Comment by AdensMama0308 (original poster) at 10:19 AM on Mar. 29, 2012

• Weird... I'm just about to pick a "best answer" now, and upon looking at the date here I realized this was about a month before my uncle (not either of the aforementioned ones) found out he had cancer and died within just a few weeks. :(
    AdensMama0308

Comment by AdensMama0308 (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2013