My baby keeps throwing up....

Everytime she eats she is throwing up. I think she might have acid reflux? Anyone know anything about this? And what to give her?

bellasmommy09

Asked by bellasmommy09 at 9:21 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They thought that my grandaugther had this, they did a barium swallow at an out patient center.
    They found she had very little reflux, they also checked for an obstruction, found nothing. I told my daughter what she should do is maybe try soy, it could be that she was lactose intolherent. Come
    to find out I think I was right, she stopped throwing up and cramping. We told the Dr. what we had done and he said whatever works, she has been on Similac Isomil Advanced (Soy) for about 3 weeks now and is doing wonderful. I sure hope this helps we know how you feel, I really feel for the little one.
    Gran1954

Answer by Gran1954 at 9:42 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• my ds has acid reflux and was throwing up constantly even if he didnt eat all the doc did was switch his formula , that only seemed to make it worse so my doc just told me after he eats to let him chill out and maybe him a little bit of water
    colbysmommie95

Answer by colbysmommie95 at 9:46 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• She has been on Isomil (soy) since day 1.
    bellasmommy09

Answer by bellasmommy09 at 9:48 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• if you don't mind my asking why is she on soy?
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 10:38 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• She is on Soy because she was throwing up and had really bad diarrhea. Doctor said it helps with acid reflux and in case she is lactose.

bellasmommy09

Answer by bellasmommy09 at 10:57 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• my doc started my daughter on zantax and reglan well it didn't work so they switched her to prevacid IT DOES WONDERS LOL !! that and adding cereal to the bottle ! and keep the babys elevated
    Dylansmommy2006

Answer by Dylansmommy2006 at 2:24 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Hi, I'm Sharon,
    I had a son who had acid reflux disease. We had to build him a customized bed and it really helped a lot. Just ask your doctor about it. My doctor gave us a picture of one and my husband built it but it was really basic. The flatter he lays, the worse it will be. Most of all... Remember it isn't his fault. He's in a lot of pain. As a mom of 4 boys, now all grown, I know how hard it is to listen to your baby cry, but keep in mind that this too shall pass and be patient with him.
    Anonymous

• Sharon again,
    Sorry... it's a girl....I don't know why I didn't catch that.
    navymom714

Answer by navymom714 at 3:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2009