My baby keeps throwing up...

Everytime she eats she is throwing up. I think she might have acid reflux? Anyone know anything about this? And what to give her?

bellasmommy09

Asked by bellasmommy09 at 9:22 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Health

• My son was diagnosed with GERD as a baby. He threw up everything. They tried giving him different acid reducers and special formulas...the only thing that really helped was Enfamil AR formula. He just had to grow out of it. He's 2 now and he's doing just fine. Just be patient and wait to talk to the Dr before getting upset. With reflux and GERD you don't want to lay baby down after eating. Prop them up. Thickening formula with rice cereal can help too. Making sure you burp well after each feeding. What my son's GI Dr had me do was feed about 2 to 3 ounces, burp. Then 2 to 3 more ounces, burp again. Repeat until formula is gone. My son started out as a breast fed baby, but they had me doing at least 2 bottles a day with the formula. Good luck. Hope you can get in touch with the Dr. I hope everything is okay.

boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 10:00 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I would call her pedi.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I have been calling the pedi...but I cant get threw.
    bellasmommy09

Answer by bellasmommy09 at 9:34 AM on Jan. 23, 2009