How do I get my 1 year old to stop whining constantly?

Everyday for the past 2 weeks has been constant whining, screaming, and crying.. but the thing is, it's only when I'm not holding her. I've been through everything it seems, and she's only happy if I'm holding her.. I'm about to go ballistic.. she's napped in her crib since day 1 and now absolutely refuses to sleep unless I'm laying next to her. I work from home and also have a 7 year old so it's especially difficult for me to hold her all the time, not to mention I don't believe she needs to be held constantly... Can anyone help me on some suggestions as to what to do to stop this? Thanks moms...

Juliebee81

Asked by Juliebee81 at 9:44 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You don't. That is what they do but you can keep telling him not too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• You can't stop her from wanting to be with you. Just calmly put her down and maybe find something with your smell (an old shirt) for her to hold while you're working. Just stay calm and she'll eventually understand that you can't be with her all the time.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:30 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Man, I still wish I could help! Would could always switch babies? LOL! :P
    Kristenn

Answer by Kristenn at 11:51 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Oh my gosh, we are going through the exact same thing with our 11 month old! It is HORRIBLE!!!! She is almost smiling while she does it. We've tried ignoring, we've tried praising the positive behavior, we've tried saying "no" firmly. I went to wipe her mouth off after she ate and she hates that, she stopped screaming momentarily. So, should I just keep wiping her mouth? :) HAHA!!!
    surfermamma

Answer by surfermamma at 1:32 AM on Jan. 24, 2009

• If you find the answer let me know! My daughter is 13 months old and we are going through the same thing! Im going crazy
    HaydensMommy007

Answer by HaydensMommy007 at 7:22 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• My daughter has been going through this also. She has to be able to see me at all times. She is 13 months. I can't even use the bathroom without her screaming. I hope it will pass. I'm losing my marbles.
    chickow

Answer by chickow at 11:00 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• has anyone tried the Wipe Out Whining program? I'm thinking of purchasing but would like to see if anyone has success stories.

Thanks,
    Tee1123

Answer by Tee1123 at 9:28 AM on Sep. 22, 2009