What form of birth control is acceptable to you?

Ok, another question makes me wonder how much we all really know about different forms of birth control. What forms of birth control do you see as unacceptable, and why? I am not including abortion in this discussion, so please try to refrain, as this isn't really birth control.
I ask because I am curious as to what issues some have with different types of BC. Pills, IUC, Diaphragm, Condoms, TL (permanant), or no sex? Keep in mind, many married couples practice family planning, so the no sex thing isn't for married couples.
(sorry for any misspelling, I can't find spellcheck)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• funny, i didn't take her question as asking us what we thought was acceptable for OTHERS...i understood it to ask what we thought was acceptable for ourselves/our family..
    for me, personally, bc pills have messed with my moods/feeling bloated/overall psyche..my husband insists condoms keep him from 'finishing' (whatever..), and we've never discussed other methods. we've used 'his hand-skills' when i've been AFing heavily, or just pulled out(not a recommended form..lol) we've actually never had a real discussion about family plannin/birth control, as we are older(40/45), and don't plan on having more. (our's is almost 4yo) we're also of the mindset that if it happens, as with our son, then it happens.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:05 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• All forms. Why do I have a decision in others choices of BC? This is silly.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 9:48 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• i used the sot the patch and they made me bleed and the pills as well so my birth control was getting my tubes tied lol now i dont have to worry about having another baby
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 9:49 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• For me the only thing is abstinence (but I'm married so I doubt that would last long) or the rythm method.

I don't care what other people do obviously, but I'm wary of IUC"s because it's just not natural to have something besides a fetus hanging out in your uterus. Plus I've heard way too many horror stories about them from close friends. Two of them ending in surgery to have it removed from another organ.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 9:52 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• sorry the sot was suppose to be shot lol i missed a letter
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 9:57 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• All forms are acceptable to me.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:06 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Whatever method if personally, medically, and culturally acceptable to the individual.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:10 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• The form that I find unacceptable for me is, Abstinence. Lol.
    Everything else is good, except for RU 486(?).
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 10:14 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I personally don't use any birth control. I cannot take the pill it caused me to have a mini stroke and I don't smoke. Depo made me bleed for a year. I am allergic to latex. We have done the natural family planning method and no pregnancies. I have a fertility monitor I test with it helped us get pregnant first month we tried and helps us know when to avoid sex or just stick to oral sex.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• For young girls, keeping their legs shut or parents tying them together. For married folks, whatever they are comfortable with.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 10:44 AM on Jan. 23, 2009