is it wrong to wonder how life would be with out your kids?

im a young mom.i droped out of high school and i wonder were i would be if i never got pergnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

• It's natural to wonder about things. It's even OK to regret lost choices and opportunites. It is NOT OK to dwell on those choices though and to say you can't ever do anything because of your kids.

Get your GED, take some classes at your local Junior College or Adult Education School. Do what you can to get your life back on track. Your child will appreciate seeing you "get ahead" and you'll like your choices better.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• It is normal to imagine what it would be like but i totally agree with the first lady...good luck
    yas_marie_87

Answer by yas_marie_87 at 11:21 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• i agree with all the other answers. im 16yrs old. i have a 17 1/2 month old baby. and i dropped out of h.s. after 2 weeks of being in sophmore year. i had just turned 15. well now i see all my friends going on to senior year ....n yeah it does fell bad. missing out on all the fun stuff. but luckily i put myself together and instead of wishing id be in skool, ....i got a high skool course over the internet. its a homeskool program. you study at home, at your own pace. you do the tests when your ready. and if you need help, you call the free line , n there are manny teachers on line to help you. u can finish it in as fast as six months or take up to 4 years. ...well i ordered that already and im really looking foward to it. you should chek it out. at, www.stratfordcareerinstitute.com good luck ! : ]
    mommy_marisol

Answer by mommy_marisol at 1:47 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• It's totally normal... I'm 27. I went to college, got married... did all the "responsible" stuff, and I still think about all the things I could do if I didn't have kids. I never regret having my children, but it's OK to daydream about how different life would be if I weren't a mommy.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 2:49 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Being a young mom and not getting to experience your young adult years with out children seems pretty common. Look into getting your GED. Find a sitter and just go out with your friends. Just remember though, your kids need you, love you, and are part of your past that make you who you are today.

kaycee14 said it very well also.
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 4:16 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• ITs totally normal to wonder.... I started having babies at 24 and had my last one at 34. I often wonder how life would be had I chosen another path. Then I realize how my children have changed my life!! I'd probably be dead now if it weren't for them. They have kept me grounded, and after my divorce when I was dating, they are the reason I got rid of all the losers! I'd have more time to play with grown-ups, but we are overrated. lol. If you need a dose of alone time, get a sitter and go have some fun. You're young and still need that time to blow off steam. Besides, you can't change what is. Don't feel bad for daydreaming about it, but don't dwell on it, either. Just make the best of what you have!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 5:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2008