Crib recommendations

I am pregnant with twins and starting to look for cribs. Luckily, both sets of parents offered to buy one. I found a few at Target that I like, but my MIL says they aren't nice enough and a "good" crib should cost like $400. That seems excessive to me, but I really don't know enough to say!
Any crib recommendations? We like the darker woods (espresso) and convertible if possible.
Thanks!

L_Bass

Asked by L_Bass at 9:54 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You could try JcPenney they have nice cribs. Our crib is great and it was only $200, but hey if they're paying for it and want you to get one that costs more then great! Just read read read the reviews. You'll get some nice honest opinions with those.

For a less expensive crib I just found out that ikea sells them on their website. ikea.com.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 10:00 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• We got ours at JcPenney also. It was $300 on sale and I love it. It's a convertible one, coffee color. However, we weren't able to put a mobile on it because the rails were too thick.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Jan. 23, 2009