What do you think about Obama's first few days in office?

grandmasix

Asked by grandmasix at 10:02 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• well personally i like what he has done so far. but im gettign really tired about other people brigning up slavery when his name comes up. i knwo its history but seriously were supposed to be a untied nation and now i feel like people are throwign slavery in our face.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I have concerns. Geithner nomination should have been replaced. Ordering to close Gitmo without a plan within a year, is unorganized, imo. Develop the plan, analyze it. THEN react. Umm cart before the horse?  Then when the press asked Obama, he arrogantly gets miffed at the pres.  Umm Hello?!?!? You are the President. LOL...  Did you think this was a tea party, Pres Obama?

The Stimulus plan is seriously out of control. John Boehner (min. leader)recently said it best when asked about the stimulus. His words, "OH MY GOD". 

My opinion. But I am sure it comes as no surprise to most cm's... :oP

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:32 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• He is just doing fine.
    Geithners nomination is out of Obama's hands . Congress will decide is he good or not.
    He has people who are developing the plan for GITMO.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• "Ahh, see," Obama said, "I came down here to visit. See this is what happens. I can't end up visiting with you guys and shaking hands if I'm going to get grilled every time I come down here."

Without a script he is going to have a tough time with the hard stuff. I bet his handlers are sweating now they know Obama may not be able to handle the heat or honest questions. They are reporters and it is their job to ask him questions. I think he is in big trouble if he doesn't grow a thicker skin. Biden will be eaten alive by the press he is too stupid to keep him mouth shut. Should be fun to watch late night TV again.lol

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Obama nominated him and he could withdraw that at any time or ask him to step aside. It is not out of his hands. This is Obama's call.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• The closing of gitmo within a year with no plan for where the prisoners will go or no looking into changing the way things are done was way to hasty. Geithner for Treasury Secretary is not something the majority of the people want and if Obama is really THE PEOPLE'S PRESIDENT as he has stated then he will withdraw this recommendation and pick someone new. As for the Stimulus. This is not a package that is going to provide relief for several years. No magic wand has been waved as folks thought it would be.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 10:42 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Seems before he signed an order there would be a plan. Isn't that why so many were angry over Iraq lack of a plan.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Sad---he will overturn the Mexico City Policy which will then funnel MILLIONS of American Tax Dollars to organizations that counsel and PERFORM abortions in other countries. Like we need to be paying for the murder of the unborn in other countries. It is sad that he can take MILLIONS of our money to pay for such stuff.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• And the first foreign leader he calls is the president of Palestine!!!! What should THAT tell us!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Anon: Geithners nomination is out of Obama's hands .

He could have replaced him, to show TRANSPARECY (Obama's words)

Yes, and when asked in the most recent Press Conference, these people HAND no answers.  Just vague statements on "We will form a committee"...  Just another punt from the President to stall the American citizens.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:58 AM on Jan. 23, 2009