Help I have a cut on my nipple and it is sore that I don't want to nurse my baby on what should I do?

Tink909

Asked by Tink909 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would still nurse i had him bite my nipple and it was bleeding his doctorsaid it was ok to still nurse. to help it heal faster when he/she is done feeding rub the breast milk on it
    Maxsmommy1

Answer by Maxsmommy1 at 5:06 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I would consult your doctor if it continues to hurt...but continue to feed your little one....
    thetrivetts

Answer by thetrivetts at 5:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• If you are uncomfortable with your little one nursing with a wound that might open upon feeding then use a pump. Feed your little one and have your husband (or yourself) feed the little one with the bottle.
    shy_violet247

Answer by shy_violet247 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I had this happen when I was nursing my son and I fed him from one side for about 24 hours and applied Lanisoh on it. That stuff is amazing. The other side got engorged but at least it let it heal and it didn't take long to balance out again.
    HappyDays007

Answer by HappyDays007 at 8:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Use lanolin it helps your nipples feel better the brand name is LANSINOH it really works!
    mchalbritter

Answer by mchalbritter at 4:16 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Feed him on the unhurt breast until the hurt one heals up.
    seakla

Answer by seakla at 12:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2008