Anyone know a nurse hotline??

I just talked to the pedi about my baby throwing up all day after just about every single feeding. I dont like his answer...He said stop feeding her as much...WHAT??? She is 6 weeks and won't eat anymore than 2 to 3 ounces. I just gave her only 2 ounces and she is sceaming her head off because she is still hungry. I just want a second opinion. I know she has acid reflux...my other lil' girl had the same thing it was just so long ago I forgot what we did about it. She is already on Isomil and has been since she was a week old....So PLEASE if anyone knows a hotline or nursing number I can call for a second opinion, PLEASE help. Advise would be nice too...THANKS!!!

bellasmommy09

Asked by bellasmommy09 at 10:05 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• So medicine that their stomach isn't mature for is any better than cereal? Please. Basically if a baby can get it down the baby can digest it.

Just half a teaspoon in a 2 oz bottle is probably good. If it doesn't seem to help you can always stop. It sounds like in this case it will help your baby more than hurt it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• do you have state aid helth insurance? i have the number for that one.
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 10:06 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• yes...call them??? do you know a number...i live in ohio if that makes a difference.
    bellasmommy09

Answer by bellasmommy09 at 10:13 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I've read a lot on here that people who have babies with acid reflux will put a little bit of cereal in their baby's bottle.

As for a hotline, I have no idea.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• thanks so much...i just got off the phone with my mother-in law and she said thats what we did with my other child. I just don't remember how much cereal and how old she had to be to start.
    bellasmommy09

Answer by bellasmommy09 at 10:23 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• If you are this concerned, tell the pedi that you would like to be referred to a pediatric gastroenterologist.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:27 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• On the cereal subject, they have been doing more research, and have found that a lot of times, it does not help. It can sometimes make it worse. I wouldn't do it if I were you. If it IS reflux, medication can help much more then cereal that their stomach is not mature enough for.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:29 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• What kind of cereal??
    bellasmommy09

Answer by bellasmommy09 at 10:47 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• rice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Cereal can cause a lot of problems in the long run for a baby's digestive track. I know a lot of moms on here do it, but there are mounds of evidence to show that it is not a good idea. Please go to www.kellymom.com and search for delaying solids.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 10:58 AM on Jan. 23, 2009