if you were to adopt....

who'd you want a boy or girl? or would it not matter to you.
i personaly would want a girl see as i have two boys and 8 nephews.

mamaof2boys148

Asked by mamaof2boys148 at 10:38 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Adoption

• If I were able to adopt it wouldn't matter if it was a boy or girl.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• My husband talked really seriously about adoping a girl from China. After seeing some of those horrible documentaries... and seeing as how we're both very much into Chinese culture, we thought we'd be able to offer her a better life while maintaining her traditions.

Then we saw the cost.

It appears we won't be adopting ANYONE until we find that elusive bag of money lying around.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:43 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• When (if) we have our chance to adopt, it won't matter if it's a boy or a girl!
    muptgirl

Answer by muptgirl at 11:16 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• We are trying to adopt and are open to any gender. We're also open to any race. Our child will be loved as one of our own, no matter what gender or color they are.
    BobMariah

Answer by BobMariah at 11:34 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• We are hoping to adopt an older boy between the ages of 5-8. We already have 1 boy and 2 girls and we just feel that God is leading us to an older boy this time around.
    mommytoadam

Answer by mommytoadam at 12:16 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Laura1229-

You do NOT have to have $25K to begin the process to adopt from China... the fees are staggered so much that it will take you a couple of years to pay it. You can also get grants to help. We adopted from China 2 years ago and the entire process including 3 weeks in China, flights, re-doing documents due to expiration as well as all the original fees for the agency, HS, etc was just over $26K. We did use the adoption tax credit that you can file on your taxes after it is finalized and received the whole $11,360 credit. After the credit, my ex-employer's $2K benefit and dh's $7700 benefit our cost was $4900.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 2:41 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Continued....

Beware.. the China process is now taking almost 3 years for a referral from the time your dossier is received in China. The recent batch that came out today was for 3/1/06-3/2/06.. so it was a 2 day batch. The families that received referrals today have waited 35 months.
    It took us 2 years from start to finish.. completing dossier to travelling. I would be very wary of beginning the process right now.. many agencies are closing their doors or they are not accepting applications for China at all. Please let me know if you have any questions about the process for China.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 2:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• We didn't care one way or another if our children were going to be boys or girls. As it turned out, they're twin girls.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 6:21 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I have two boys and always planned to adopt a girl. Then I got a call from a pregnant relative that thought she was having a girl and couldn't care for another child. 1st ultrasound said a girl. 2nd and 3rd ultrasound revealed it's a boy. I'm not the least bit disappointed. Maybe I'll have my own football team. And someday... grandaughters!
    robyn976

Answer by robyn976 at 9:10 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• we would love a little boy becouse i have 2 girls and they want a little bro
    shannonmarie759

Answer by shannonmarie759 at 11:52 AM on Jan. 24, 2009