Medicina Time ...

Ok, my son is 2 and has 2 ear infections! The doctors gave me augmitin for him and he won't take it! I have tried everything, from holding him down, bribing, sticking it in foods and drinks, and none of it works! I need some advice because he really needs to take it. Any suggestions?

DarynsMommy

Asked by DarynsMommy at 10:42 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son hasnt had a problem taking that kind. I do know that the pharmacy we go to will add a flavor to medicines to make them taste better. As your pharmacy if they will do that for you!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 10:46 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I have had to straddle my kids to get them to take the meds they needed. I basically sit on them (not all my weight) so they can't move and can't move arms either. I hold the mouth open and pour slowly. It may not be the nicest way to get it done, but it does get the job done so they can get rid of the infection. btw, i only did this with antibiotics or things of that nature, not tylenol or cough meds... i am not that mean, lol.
    mikeyjavimami21

Answer by mikeyjavimami21 at 12:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• See if the pharmacy has it in chewable tablets....they did that one time for my oldest. I don't remember which antibiotic it was, though....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Give him the option of doing it himself. I just fought this battle with my 3 year old about 3 months ago and she would refuse to take it. Finally I said out of frustration, fine then do it yourself. She did! lol And she took it right down with no problems. Now when it's medicine time, she gets to do it herself!!! See if you can find some medicine spoons with a spoon end on it.
    Central_IL_Mom

Answer by Central_IL_Mom at 12:27 AM on Jan. 24, 2009