What have you heard about these?

What do you all feel about webkinz and the webkin site? My daughter seems almost obsessed with these little things and the site. We let her on for 1/2 - 1 hr if all her chores are done and her behavior has been good, but she sure talks a lot about them and others who have them, what they have, etc.

cat4458

Asked by cat4458 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• My daughter got one for her brthday last yr.She is only 2,so she doesn't do much but just play with it.But,I have a little sister,she is 8 and she liks to get online and feed it and stuff,to me it seems harmless,they can buy them toys and feed them and give them baths and stuff.I havent thoroughly reseaerched it or anything but it sems harmless to me.
    BoutiqueMommy

Answer by BoutiqueMommy at 10:54 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Webkins are *so* last year around our house...LOL! My dd still looks at them when we're in stores but got bored with the site.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:03 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• My boys liked Webkins about a year ago too. The site is safe, as far as I'm concerned and a lot of fun. We got one for my LO and I built up quite a living space for him! lol
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:49 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• My 10 yo son loves them! He doesn't play on the site much any more, but loves getting on to take care of his webkinz every so often
    Anonymous

• My 9-1/2 yr old has so many, I'm a little embarrassed to say. In the past year since we've been on the site, she's now really engaged w/the site. Webkinz is a product that both boys & girls like. Kids luv talking about em w/each other.

I like that she is learning how 2 navigate thru several pgs w/ease; she is eager 2 explore all the areas of the site (which include games -incldg Solitare & Mastermind) eductnal quizzes, memorization & care 4 each pet (incldg feeding, playing w/ & taking em 2 the vet); & she is getting safe exposure 2 networking thru Webkinz (addg frenz, sendg msgs, etc.). there R such a variety of things 4 her 2 get in 2 w/o having 2 go buy another something from the store. I especially like that she invites me 2 join in her fun. Overall, I approve of my child using the Webkinz site & think it's a gr8 incentive 4 good behavior & getting chores done.

MamiTree

Answer by MamiTree at 2:50 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• my daughter has a couple.she shares a house with one of her friends...it is harmless.nothing bad.there was an incident at school where a couple of the boys went on a site and took all the furniture(dont quit no how)but the principal interveined )but that was last year.so i think the school knows all the tricks and everything...
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I went on the web site to see what it was because I have not heard of it. My Boy is into club penguin on the web. I think it a good web site but you can only go so far and do so much before you have to pay so you can have more stuff to play.
    cloverlady2008

Answer by cloverlady2008 at 6:05 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• My 9 y/o dd loves Webkinz! And now the Littlest Pet Shop website too! IMO they are great! She learns computer skills in a safe environment!

MamiTree has said it all!!
    Charmedmommy82

Answer by Charmedmommy82 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• My kids (12 and almost 5) both love them and so do most of their friends. They all talk about them a lot and play online together a few times a week. Several of us moms get on and play with our kids too. I think it's a good site with activities for multiple ages and both genders to enjoy.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 11:40 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• my daughter has been doing the webkinz for about ayear and a half so, she is not bored yet. got 25 of them and they are not too expensive and her friends all have them so.. i think it is okay.
    driftwood

Answer by driftwood at 8:04 AM on Jan. 24, 2009