Why would my 7 year old cat start wetting and deficating by my babies toys?

We've had him since he was a kitten and has never had accidents. My daughter is 3 so it's not like he started doing this because we brought a new baby home- I just dont get it - now he is locked up in a bathroom because my husband is so mad at him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Pets

• sounds like revenge to me, my cat did that to me once when I moved her off my pillow, so she peed on the bed only my side... Is your DD being mean or too ruff with the cat?
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:54 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• UTI? the only time my cat has ever pissed in the house was when he had a UTI. We stopped giving him milk (we only would give him a little ne-ways) he hasn't done it since.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 11:59 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• maybe your dd is making the cat mad somehow. my dog loaths my 3 yr old because he chases her and she is old too.... i agree with locking the cat up for it... i would spy on the cat and child interacting when the child expects me to be occupied.. maybe that is it, idk!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:04 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• o do i smell.....jealoseeeee! lol, jk.
    how old is your cat? i remember several of my mom's kitties having issues because of age, both physically and psycological. also check interaction between child and cat.
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 1:25 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Could be medical like an infection
    the.deadly.mrs

Answer by the.deadly.mrs at 2:21 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Get rid of it!! That is nasty for it to piss all over like that!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:29 AM on Jan. 24, 2009