BC - what's best???

I am breastfeeding and do not want a low hormone birthcontrol. The only other option I know of is to get a paraguard. Does anyone have one? Or have any comments on it? We do not like condoms!!!! What do you suggest?

rHOPEb

Asked by rHOPEb at 10:52 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Health

• I was going to go with Mireana (sp?) but it cost to much because of our high insurance deductible. It was more affordable for me to stay on the mini-pill. I'm no longer breastfeeding and still using it. It gives like 97% instead of 99%.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 10:56 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• i used the depo shot. i did not have periods. we didnt use condoms (pull out method) and i didnt get pregnate the whole 10 yrs i was on it. BUT I GOT PREGNATE BC I MISSED A SHOT. I GOT PREGNATE 3 DAYS AFTER MY SHOT WAS DUE. so as long as you dont miss it-you should be fine.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 11:47 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Abstanence :) LOL.. j/k Ive heard good things about the IUD I think its called like Mireana (sp?)
    Anonymous

• I would say use a diaphragm but you can ask my 7 year old how effective that form of birth control is..
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Paraguard would be great for you since you are still breastfeeding!
    bearandtreemom

Answer by bearandtreemom at 11:48 PM on Jan. 23, 2009