Why do babies take a bath to go to bed but grown ups take a shower or bath to wake up?

Jodi I'm looking at you!

beckcorc

Asked by beckcorc at 10:55 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Haha..I'm backwards. I give my son a bath in the morning and I take showers at night. That's the only routine that our schedules allow. I'm alone with my son and can't leave him unsupervised during the day so I have to wait until nighttime for my shower.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:41 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I take a bath if I can't sleep.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 10:56 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• i think babies take a bath at night because it helps them go to sleep and feel clean. as for grownups they take a bath in the morning to wake up and feel refreshed. i mean that's what i do for myself and my girls.
    mrs.germany

Answer by mrs.germany at 11:15 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• i sometimes take a bath to relax and unwind before bed esp now that i am pregs and my back hurts and i have an oversized tub i can fit into! i stopped bathing my son now that he is 3 right b4 bed because it seems to be waking him up more than anything, it is cold in ohio and i dont think it was the bath that was waking him up but rather getting out and being cold for a few seconds...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:19 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• It's all part of routine. Babies night time routine is usually a bath and bed....A Bath is soothing. Adults....A shower in the morn....is reviving...( and for allot of women we wash our hair to get rid of bed-head...lol )
    Humans tend to thrive better when they have some kind of routine.
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 11:20 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• baths are relaxing
    showers are invigorating
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I always take a bath before bed as does my son. Lately though I have been taking like 3 baths a day, just because I feel like it. It relaxes me and soothes my cramping. I am 7 weeks preggers and I have insomnia so a really hot bath helps.
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 11:51 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I take a shower in the morning so my hair looks better styled in the morning and my kids shower at night because they go to school and it would be too hectic in the morning.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 1:53 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Baths at night invigorate my baby, so we don't use them as part of her bedtime routine, but we do bathe her in the evening because there's no time in the morning.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 2:24 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I think it depends on your mental state of mind.....I know someone that takes a bath in the morning before work to get their bones functioning...I would take one to relax before going to bed helps sleep better...
    Anonymous