Why is everything "racist"?

I AM NOT A RACIST!!! I am white and I know this doesn't apply to all black people, in fact this doesn't apply to most. It applies to the select few that I live around and Im sick of it... STORY --- I can't seem to have an opinion about anyone without being called a racist. The other day I was asked for an ID by someone that was not wearing a security badge or uniform. I said Im not giving you anything and proceeded to the security counter and the guy says " oh, you don't trust me cause I'm black!?" I say "No its because your not badged!"
The other day I was listening to the radio and they are interviewing an African American male. he said that he was very happy to have a black man president because he was sick of having his people hunted down by our people.
The list goes on. Not a day goes by where I am not called a racist seemingly based on the color of my skin. Why is that? Bash away but please not on my personal page

jhj4ever

Asked by jhj4ever at 10:59 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think some people feel that way maybe because of the things that have observed in their daily lives.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• *sigh*

NEXT
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:03 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Unfortunately what you are referring to is not limited to color. I see this happen alot with people, blaming sex, orientation, nationality and even age. Sometimes when people know what they are doing is wrong, they will look for any excuse they can. I'm not going to bash anyone, but what I am hoping the world will come to someday is acceptance. Acceptance of everyone with open arms. That is my personal wish.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:06 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I can kind of understand you here. My hubby had an employee at work, file a grievance with her boss because he gave her a bad review (resulting in not being eligible for a pay raise). She claims it was because she was black. After review(incl interviewing other employees), it was confirmed it was because she took twice as many breaks as the other employees, Routinely came in late, left early, and didn't complete goals and tasks. She claimed she is contacting the ACLU. whatever...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Its called playing the black card. Its perfectly acceptable to be racist against white people. Just think of the movie " White man can't jump" You would never be able to say "Black man can't read". It just makes me angry to here people blaming white people and saying racist comments and they don't even realize that they are what they hate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Some people of color have been through alot so their deffenses are high, others are tired of the second glances from "white people", and being judged by the color of there skin....I treat everyone no matter the color the same way and I base that on how they treat me.... I have not had any proplems with other people calling me racist. Maybe you are putting out your own deffenses toward black people and you dont even realize it, maybe by clinching your purse, looking down on someone or giving an attitude and not even knowing you are doing it..IDK just a thought
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:10 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I think there are a selective few squeky wheels in any calss, color, culture, group, etc,  of the American population. But they should not be a representative of the entire population. 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:11 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

Thats called being racist. Grouping everyone because a white guy rubbed you the wrong way. That gives you the right to treat everyone as a suspected racist.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• it just aggevates me...at my sisters work they brought in a television for them to watch the inriguration (sorry for spelling) but when she asked to watch Bush on tv it was a NO we don't do that. But what changed when Obama come into office...i don't think there should have been a tv brought in for a black but because she wanted one for a white guy that was against protocall but what changed it for the black man!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• i think its a combination of bitterness passed from generation to generation, and living inside a particular community, or "bubble", which subtly infuses misconceptions. this election may have been a "first", but it by no means ended racism. there are families who raise their kids to think that they're better than those of different skin color, and feel empowered or justified. personally i feel that MLK's dream has not been fully realized, it needs to be embraced by not only "white", but "black", "yellow", "red", etc. as well.
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 11:15 AM on Jan. 23, 2009