Does it really matter what order you start solids?

I've heard start with orange then yellow then green. Also, do icky foods then yummy foods, etc. Does the order really matter?

lvlymummy08

Asked by lvlymummy08 at 10:59 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was told to start with veggies 1 a week, to tell if a food allergy develops and then move to fruits and do the same. We started with the veggies and only did each for about 4-5 days, and then on to fruits, no allergies and I can say there is nothing my 16 month old won't eat! He does eat his veggies too!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 11:01 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• The main thing is to choose foods easiest to digest first (fruits, veggies, doesn't matter) & stick with one food at a time, adding a new one every 4 or 5 days, to recognize any food allergies or problems with digestion easier.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:05 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• yea, we didn't do a particular color order. We started with green beans which she liked, then tried bananas and apple sauce, then prunes, then sweet potatoes... no specific order. you just try 1 food at a time to avoid overloading a system and watch for a reaction. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:08 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• My kids' Dr. just said to make sure to start with veggies first. If u start with fruits then they wont eat the veggies because the fruits taste better :)
    momof2_july

Answer by momof2_july at 11:09 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• It doesn't really matter.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:17 AM on Jan. 23, 2009