T- ball

Ok this is the first year that my twin boys have played sports. Just curious for those who have children that have played in t-ball. What do they need sports gear wise. And how many days a week do they practice have games? Thank you

steelersmomof4

Asked by steelersmomof4 at 11:04 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• best bet is to ask the coach when you start because they are all different. You are going to need white pants more then likely that all baseball players wear, and they should provide the shirts for them. You will need gloves. You also need the baseball socks,. cleats, and extra clothes for practice you dont mind them ruining. Practice is different depending on the league and coach. With tball we always had it once a week, sometimes not even that lol. They dont take it as seriously some coaches do though which is why you need to talk to the coach.

Answer by gemgem at 11:09 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• We had practice/games 2x a week.

They really don't need any sports gear, the coach will probably provide them with a t-shirt. My little guy just wore his everyday shorts and a good pair of shoes:)

There were very few children who were actually decked out in "real" baseball gear.

I love watching those games...kids are sooo funny:) Have fun!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• As a t-ball coach all I would ask the parents is to make sure the little ones have a t-ball mitt and bat. They are smaller and better suited to smaller hands. Our park and rec supplied a t-shirt and cap. As for the pants, you could have them wear the baseball pants, but shorts are great too. As for the shoes, a good sturdy athletic shoe is all that is required, no need to spend money on the cleats just yet. And support the coach :)
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 11:28 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• my son had to have cleats( is that how you spell it) a glove and bat as well as a helmet. he practiced 2 days a week for 5 weeks then 1 day a week and 1 game a week for the remaining 5 weeks. our little league supplied they uniforms shirts/pants/socks.
    akbogan

Answer by akbogan at 2:03 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I think cleats at that age is silly. They need a small glove and light bat. They get a t-shirt, I match the shorts with the writing on the shirts, usually black. Helmets are provided, but I can't imagine letting my child wear something so many others wear, we buy them. They also need sunglasses or hat. Each coach decides how much they practice, all of my kids had 2 practices before the games began. The most important thing is lots of practice at home, it's fun!
    LoriW

Answer by LoriW at 10:21 PM on Jan. 23, 2009