my 2yr old...

he has this thing that he always has to have two sippy cups. one for jucie and one for milk. how do i get it back to one havin to have one???

mamaof2boys148

Asked by mamaof2boys148 at 11:35 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't know. my dd has 2, her juice one and her water one... I never thought it was an issue.. sorry I can't help. She also likes to eat with two forks sometimes?!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:40 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• well i do that in general. one cup for milk, one cup for juice and then i have an extra cup for tea.
    makes it also easier for her to understand what she is having to drink.

and our DD has two forks/spoon when she is eating. one for her, and one for me to help her ;)

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:01 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• If he thinks he needs to have both "on him" at all times I would say just give him a choice of one and stick to your guns about it. He may whine but he will get over it in a few days at most. If he only uses one at a time you're good. I have 2 sippy's in my house for my one year old... one only gets milk, the other only gets juice. I give him milk for bfast, nap and bedtime, and juice 2-3 times a day in between the milk times.
    mikeyjavimami21

Answer by mikeyjavimami21 at 12:02 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Why bother him? He's happy leave him alone, I swear you women always trying to meddle...
    Corn_Muffen

Answer by Corn_Muffen at 12:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• my son has 2 cups also 1 for milk and 1 for tea and juice...he is limited on his drink during the day but can drink as much as we wants at meals but if he is happy leave him alone and let him have the 2 cups...my son is also 2 years old and i have no problem him having 2 cups
    Missy_Dye

Answer by Missy_Dye at 12:53 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• If you don't want him to have two, then don't give him two.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:57 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I agree with m.robertson811.
    BxMetroMom718

Answer by BxMetroMom718 at 2:08 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• it might also be that the milk or juice even though u clean it might have a certain smell or taste to it.. We have 2 of everything
    BxMetroMom718

Answer by BxMetroMom718 at 2:09 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Hee hee! My daughter was sticking the straws from both her milk and water sippy cups in her mouth this morning. It's so funny when she tries to drink both at the same time. I'm not sure we understand what the problem is with having two cups?
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 7:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I agree with corn muffen.

Maybe it's just his thing.

This isn't exactly the same thing, but it relates.
    When I'm eating. I have to clean my fork between each portion. I don't mix foods.
    If I go from milk to juice or water or vice versa, my glass has to be cleaned. I don't like even the faintest taste of the other.

I do the same for my daughter. If she's had juice for a bit, and I just rinse out her sippy it still smells like juice. I know I wouldn't want to be tasting juice when I'm drinking milk.
    rileysmommy811

Answer by rileysmommy811 at 2:41 AM on Jan. 24, 2009