Still ok with the Patriot Act?

NSA whistleblower Russell Tice was back on Keith Olbermann's MSNBC program Thursday evening to expand on his Wednesday revelations that the National Security Agency spied on individual U.S. journalists, entire U.S. news agencies as well as "tens of thousands" of other Americans.

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2009/01/nsa-whistlebl-1.html

IF this is true do you still support the PA?

Friday

Asked by Friday at 11:50 AM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I have NEVER been okay with it. That IGNORANT mentality of some people "I have nothing to hide, so why not let them listen in" pisses me off. If you want to give away YOUR right to privacy, whatever, but you don't have the right to give away MINE. It is not about having something to hide, it is about the government having LIMITS, which are sorely needed. We need to roll back to the original plan for this country and the governments roll in it. This is so far removed from the way the founding fathers wanted our country to be run.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:09 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Yep Im cool with it. I have nothing to hide. I dont care who listens.

Answer by gemgem at 11:55 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• If it is true not cool but we don't know if this is true he doesn't have any names and there was not much info offered by this guy. This could simply be a person who is upset and trying to get a book deal. We will see. They can spy on me all they want I have nothing to hide and I am on the internet so I am putting myself out there.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Many want the government to provide free health care, day care, transportation and housing. Why not let them know what they are doing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Sure am. I have nothing to hide. And if they want to hear me and my deployed hubby talking, then I am ok with that too.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:01 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Never was cool with it. I have nothing hide, but the Patriot Act took away so many liberties that America was founded on. How much are you willing to give up? I
    Anonymous

• Seriously? Y'all trust the govt with that kind of power? Wow.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.  ~Ben Franklin

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:03 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Ben Franklin didn't have to deal with Al Qaeda
    Anonymous

• if it's keeping us safe in ANY sense then I am 100% OK with it...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:07 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Its a different world now and if it means that we catch someone before they kill hundred or thousands of innocent citizens then they can spy on me all they want to. They can spy on my neighbor, my friends, my church, my emails. I can care less. Just stop the bad guys from hurting anymore of us.

Answer by gemgem at 12:12 PM on Jan. 23, 2009