How do I get my 2.5 month old baby to sleep in her own bed?

She is so used to being held and loves us to hold her at bed time.

DanicasMomma

Asked by DanicasMomma at 10:07 PM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would just lay her in her own bed. make sure you put on soothing music...leave the room..she will cry and just let her if she doesn't stop within 5 minutes go in the rock her to sleep. when she does falls asleep lay her gently in her OWN bed and leave the room
    giggles30

Answer by giggles30 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I am not a fan of letting a baby "cry it out". Imagine if you woke up all alone and were scared, how horrible is it to do that to a little baby. My daughter is almost 4 months and still sleeps in bed with me. The way i figure it, they are only little for so long. I just got a book today called the no cry sleeping method. It has a lot of good info in it. Maybe that would help you. Its a proven way to get your child to sleep thru the nite by themselves that doesn't involve any crying!!
    AlanasMom323

Answer by AlanasMom323 at 10:46 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I agree with the first person of letting her cry it out for five minutes then rock her to sleep...my son is 4 months old and we did that for two weeks now i just lay him in his crib and he falls asleep on his own and sleeps through the night
    yas_marie_87

Answer by yas_marie_87 at 11:15 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• My babies usually slept in a moses basket or in our bed until about 4 months. Around the age of your baby, I would start putting them in their crib when I was in their room putting away laundry and such for them to get used to it. Then I started sleeping them there for naps and worked up to bedtime.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 11:56 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• When we were "trainging" (for lack of a better word) Ethan to sleep in his crib, I would rock him until he was completely asleep then put him in his crib. I also put him in there for about twenty minutes a day to give him "his time" to play with himself and his mobile (which is super cute). We just tried everything we could to make sure he was familiar since he was used to sleeping in the bassinet or pack-n-play. (BTW he's seven months now and he's been sleeping in his crib since he was six weeks because he outgrew the bassinet in our room and we didn't have room for the pack-n-play in there so we really didn't have any other options but his crib)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• She's TOO small to let her CIO. Feed her, rock her to sleep, then put her in the crib. If she cries, rock her again... she'll get the idea. If you don't want her in your bed, don't give in. She will start to become more comfortable in her own bed as you continue to put her in it. It might mean less sleep for you for a little while, but it will pay off in the end.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 2:46 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• I rocked my baby to sleep every night until she was 9 and a half months old and then put her in her bed.When I did stop, I just laid her down in her crib and let her CIO (her crying didnt last to long), after 2 nights she got use to it and I was able to put her in her bed and walk out without any tears and she would go to sleep. I just think 2.5 months is a little to young to expect this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• my son is the same age. He loves to have a fleece blanket under him. and make sure its warm. Either put in the dryer or place a heating pad for 3 minutes to warm her spot. DOnt ever let her sleep with the heating pad. Just to warm her spot. Make sure she is warm enough. I find my son sleeps better in the long sleeved pjs.
    KendraB0428

Answer by KendraB0428 at 9:40 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• my 3 month old just went through the same thing. He wouldn't sleep on his back. try putting the headrest from your carseat down, then swaddling her tight and laying her down in the head rest. she'll feel secure. putting a fleece blanket in the crib is putting baby at risk for SIDS
    Anonymous