Has anyone else experienced this?

I woke up in the middle of the night last night with so much pain in my lower stomach that i was almost in tears. i am 23 weeks pregnant, and im not sure if it is anything i should be worried about, or if it is normal.

Lilglowy

Asked by Lilglowy at 12:07 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If it was by your pelvic bone it might have been round ligaments. I used to get them really bad and made dh take me to urgent care 2 times with my first. Even now I get them pretty bad and can't move. It gets worse with each pregnancy.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 12:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Is that something that i should call my midwife about? it went away after about 20 minutes and i havent felt it anymore.
    Lilglowy

Answer by Lilglowy at 12:14 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• You can. I get them and sometimes they last a few min and sometimes an hour or 2. It is the pelvic muscles pulling apart to make room for the baby. All my midwife told we was to move slow and not lift anything heavy. When you get them relax and bend towards the pain.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 12:24 PM on Jan. 23, 2009