I don't want to have anything to do with my grandparents on my dads side.

My dad died when i was like 4 years old. We always spent weekends at his parents for a long time after that. But when i was little i was a fat kid. And my cousins on that side were thin. My granny was always telling me to suck in my tummy and not to eat so much. Then when i was 8 years old, me and my brother had been up there for a couple of weeks during the summer. One night when it was bed time, I got homesick and wanted to call my mom to come get us. My granny wouldnt let me. So after they went to bed i called her . She wasn't home so i called my grandparents on my moms side. They came of course. When they got there she told them that i was not welcome back. We did not go back until i was like 16 years old. They called to wish my brother happy birthday and said they wanted to see us. So we went. Things were never the same. At the time i was very thin in my teenage years. cont in answer....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• So we started going once a year when i met my husband. Then i started to put on weight. And shw would make comments like all you have to do is diet. By the way she is a short round woman. Not thin. Anyways my point is that my mother in law keeps pressuring me that i need to go and see her more. And my granny has always tried to get us to go to Mexico. For like the whole summer. Mom would n't let us go as kids, and now i don't get off that long for vacations. Plus i don't care too. How can i get my mother in law to stop pressuring me. She doesn't understand that i do not want to have anything to do with my granny period.
    Anonymous

• your grandmother should not have said what she had said. I think you should forgive her does not mean that you have to call and visit all of the time. Just keep in contact your a leak to their son.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 12:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• just tell her and leave it be at that. she doensn't need to know the WHOLE story just she's not a nice lady i guess.
    Anonymous

• Well you have two choices. You can hold onto the p ast and let it dictate your life or be an adult and let it go. Its your choice. If you want to be around them then do it. If not then dont. But dont let the past control your life.

Answer by gemgem at 12:23 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Why is your mil pressuring you on this? What does she care?? This is your bio-dads mother we're talking about right, your paternal grandmother? So why would your hubby's mother even care?? In my opinion, do what you want. I wouldn't want my children around that either.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:58 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Your MIL likely has your best interest in mind. Maybe she knows something I don't. So, I will say you are a grown woman and you are the one to decide how often you want and need to see someone. You could ask your MIL why she thinks it is important and have a discussion. Maybe you would learn something about yourself and/or gleen some wisdom from her. You could also say, "I don't really want to talk about it. If I do, I will let you know. I appreciate your concern though." Hopefully, she will understand and you will have gently told her to back off. Your grandmother is different than your mother. God knows, I would have tossed in the towel where my mother is concerned but I have matured and grown as a person by learning how I can have a relationship and not jump off a bridge! : ) I feel for ya.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 1:02 PM on Jan. 23, 2009