lets try it this way, did anyone progress from 1 cm to birth quickly?

at 38 weeks 1 cm not effaced at all, high blood pressure and put on bed rest for the week end. whats the likely hood i will have the baby naturally in the next week or so..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No and your water can break before you are dialated, but it's rare.
    Anonymous

• Everyone is different. If this is your first, I'd still say you're going to be late rather than early....(sorry!) unless your doctor decides to induce you due to your hypertension. I was barely fingertip dilated and about 85% effaced two weeks before my due date, then the same on my due date, 5 days later my water broke, I went into the hospital and my cervix hadn't changed much at all. Since my water broke, they kept me and my son was born the next morning.  I ended up going from 2-3cm to a full 10cm in just a couple hours.  OUCH.

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:36 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• there is no way of knowing. There really is no set time for babies to be born when they are ready. I was dilated to 1 from 38 weeks to almost 41 before my son was born. Then I went from 1 to baby born in about 6 hours (my labor was 12 hours, but I didn't progress much for the first half).
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 12:39 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• MEEEEEE! Day before I delivered I had a doc apt. Learned that I wasnt even the slightest bit dialated. Feeling like I was going to be pregnant FOREVER I traveled home and decided to go grocery shopping. I all of a sudden felt like I was peeing myself just a little bit. Over the course of the next 3 hours though, even when I didnt have to pee and I knew for a fact I didnt, I was leaking little gushes of fluid every so often. The doctor over the phone assured me it was probably urine and not to worry. Around 9 that night I started having the contractions that are the ones! Labored all night alone, and went to hospital around 7. Pushed for 4 long hours, which was terrible, but finally got the little booger out.
    courtneynicole1

Answer by courtneynicole1 at 12:39 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• oh and I forgot to add that when I got to the hospital that next morning at 8 am to deliver, Less than 24 hours after my apt the previous day that revealed I was still as closed as a car door, I was 6 cm dialated. And quickly progressed to 9 within 2 hours. But like I said I had to push then for 4 long hours. I am petite and her big ol' noggin couldnt get past my pelvic bone. So it wasnt until a last resort effort before calling for an emergency c section that the doctore gave the suction a try, and 3rd times a charm because she came sliding out of me. Doctor said if it werent for the big head, little pelvis combo I probably would have pushed very few times.
    courtneynicole1

Answer by courtneynicole1 at 12:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I went from 4 to 10 in 30 minutes, if that makes you feel any better, lol. And then 15 minutes later had my baby girl in my arms. Buuuuut, I was at 3 cm for like a month =\
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 1:40 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• i was at 3 when i went in to be induced i started at 730am he was in my arms at 123pm just 6 hours later and he was my 1st!!
    TravisJohnsmama

Answer by TravisJohnsmama at 4:09 PM on Jan. 23, 2009