Does your hubby/SO do sweet things?

I just want my hubby to be sweet and do sweet things for me once in a while! He says that he doesnt see how he is such an ass all the time, he isnt an ass he just isnt ever really sweet and doesnt intentionally try to do sweet things very often. He says that I just expect too much and maybe I do but I miss him being sweet. We have been together for 12 1/2 years and he used to be very sweet, I know that things change but am I the only one who wants a little romance once in a while???? Somedays I just miss the way that things used to be!

crystalplus2

Asked by crystalplus2 at 12:30 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• My SO and I have been together for 3 years and yes things are already different. Going out and doing something fun at least once a week was our new years resolution. It works wonders. Go and do what you did when you were dating. Watch a sunset, walk on the beach, see a movie, eat a romantic dinner, just stare into each others eyes. Its fun and it helps.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 12:34 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• My boyfriend is incredibly sweet all the time. But I think that part of it is because his ex wife left him for a friend of the family. She was always complaining that he wasn't doing enough, that he wasn't affectionate enough, etc. But the stories I hear from other family members (his kids included) is that she was always unhappy and mad at him. Nothing was ever enough. But I do think that it affected him so much her leaving that he wants to make sure he does everything he can to make me happy. And he does.
    Anonymous

• Every now and then my dh will do something sweet. I wish he was just a little bit more romantic. When we first started dating he used to do sweet things all the time but things are definitely different.
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 12:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• my hubby does sweet things every day but i don't expect that to last very long. i think it's hard to keep the flame alive if you don't set yourselves a date night.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:01 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• About three years ago it started to bother me that my husband never did anything sweet for me. I spent a few months being incredibly bitter about it. There were other things going on too but I really noticed that he just wasn't as sweet as he used to be. After talking to someone about it I realized that I was expecting him to do things for me that I wasn't doing for him. I wanted him to make me feel good but I wasn't doing anything to make him want to. So, I started taking steps to pamper him and he noticed. In return he would do wonderful things for me and three years later I feel like I have the sweetest most considerate man alive.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 1:04 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Yes, you are the only one who needs romance. Men don't. They're very simple to please, give them good food, sex and compliments, and you're the best woman in the world to them.
    That being said, I'd make him his favorite meal tonight, dress up in some lingerie, and give him a really good time. Compliment him!!! Let him know that you really used to love it when he used to do such and such a thing. Give him compliments often when you see that he's even making a tiny step toward becoming to romantic man you want him to be. This will encourage the behavior to continue and to grow. Men are worried that they might mess up when being romantic so sometimes they just don't try. It's not innate for them like it is for us.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 1:24 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Men do forget that romance is a big part of a woman and they forget how to use it. Ive only been married 2 years and everythings gone right one the window. its like once we marry them they think have us and forget that they still have to work to keep us. sadly marriage has become one sided we try like hell and they just go along for the ride. We as women want the happily ever after, knight in shining armor and are satisfied unless we have it. While men are so black and white that they are content just right where they are. Even though most men know we want that show of affection, the random flower but they just dont think about it. they think we should be satisfied with the fact that they are still around...lol If we want the romantic evenings then we are the ones that have to create it, like I said they are just along for the ride!
    AprilRaine

Answer by AprilRaine at 1:41 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• Me and my husband have been together 10 years and married 9 years this summer, and he always leaves me notes and most days when he comes home from work he brings me three flowers, an orchid, a red rose and a white rose my three favourite flowers and usually puts them among others.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 2:20 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• if mine did anything sweet I'd probably have a heart attack. He's cold and distant and a jerk most days but for some reason I still think the old goat rocks

Answer by admckenzie at 2:27 PM on Jan. 23, 2009