Ok, I just came from my 20 week u/s. My son looks great, with the exception of an echogenic focus on his heart. I just turned 35 & my AFP came back 1 in 13,000. I chose not to have an amnio done, with my doctor's support.
Has anyone else experienced this? I had my u/s done at a maternal-fetal medicine center & the doctor there said that this recent finding, along with my favorable test results during my 1st & 2nd trimesters does NOT increase my chances for DS. I called my OB & am waiting (patiently) for him to call back. I know I have to be positive, but it's hard right now. I want to get his opinion now as to whether or not I should have an amnio. It wouldn't change the outcome one bit. My son is mine & he will be loved!!!
Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy
Answer by zackkatiejames at 12:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2009
Answer by bhwrn1 at 2:25 PM on Jan. 23, 2009
Answer by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Jan. 23, 2009
Answer by lvnmymommytime at 7:47 PM on Mar. 12, 2009
Next question in Pregnancy
Can you get a Paternity test before a baby is born??
Next question overall
(Money & Work)
I provide Child Care , How much should I charge ? Sorry this is long..
Most Liked Posts