Insomnia

My 5 month old is finally sleeping through the night (yes!) but now the only way I can sleep at night is to take a pm pain medication or a sleep aid. Those leave me fatigued in the morning. So how can I get to sleep at my daughters bed time (10:30) and stay asleep until when we wake up (6:40-7:00)?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 12:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Health

• Do you exercise during the day! That usually works for me;)
    Anonymous

• A few things, no caffeine after about 2 pm. A sweat inducing exercise. My best idea for this is an aerobic walk outside. You body needs vitamin D from the sun and this is a good way to do it. Also I would recommend limiting your "screen time" in the evening. This includes tv and computer. These things put your mind into thinking mode, instead try reading, or taking a bath or both.

Also at night I would try drinking hot tea, or eating a bowl of warm cereal such as oatmeal, cream of wheat or even your regular cereal with warm milk
    bearandtreemom

Answer by bearandtreemom at 1:38 PM on Jan. 23, 2009