Has anyone ever done Mary Kay or Avon?

Did you enjoy it? Did you make good money at first or did it take awhile?

JacobsMommy05

Asked by JacobsMommy05 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I did it. MK. I love the product but I wasn't consistent for long enough to get the money coming in. I spent too much on inventory, went into debt and ended up giving it all away so I didn't have to have the company buy it back and never be allowed in again. If you do it, I recommend you buy the basic kit to start and then invest in only the basics. Most women will buy what you put on their face. Therefor, the biggest bang for the buck is to have some skin care product, foundation, lipstick, blush, mascara (everyone uses that almost) and eye color that you will use to make them up. Most of the time, if they are pleased with the look (and they usually are) they will buy what you have given them to try. PM me if you do MK and you want some guidance. My director was great but she put me on the road to debt and I gave up even though I loved the company and wanted to succeed.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 1:13 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I am a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant. I enjoy and make money. Let me know if you would like to sign up.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• mary kay is evil. i will never attend a party again. once they have your info the call you all the freaking time. i made the mistake 2 different times of going to those parties. never again.
    Anonymous

• I never did Avon but I worked at an outpatient building where an Avon rep dropped off books and collected money and delivered to the employees. Avon is relatively cheap and she always had purchases because she left the books and everyone got the chance to browse. I think she did well. It wasn't something she spent much time on one to one. Of course, she never had to schedule group appointments to demonstrate the product. She didn't get sales people under her either. There wasn't a recruitement effort on her part. MK does focus on recruitement and team buidling.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 1:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I had a very good friend who did MK and she didn't do very well, but she's not very pushy at all. I think you have to be fairly aggressive (and I don't mean that in a negative way...) to succeed at things like that. My sister sold Avon for quite a while, never made a lot of money, but it was much easier than MK (probably because it's cheaper and therefore easier to sell)
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 1:20 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I am doing partylite candles right know. I think it is fun when I am able to do partys but it is really hard right know because I think alot of people just don't have extra money to spend. The best thing about partylite is that you do not have to put any money into it. But like i said it does not bring in very much extra money because no one has any extra money to spend right now. But any way I have been looking into Avon because you do not have to put much into it (like MK) and the product is not very expencive so people might be more apt to but it.
    joleensboys

Answer by joleensboys at 1:32 PM on Jan. 23, 2009

• I have done avon and I didn't make hardly anything. It sucked. I couldn't stand it.
    Anonymous